Options

CCSA R70 released

It doesn't look like you can actually sign up for it yet, but if you go to CCSA on CP's site now, it directs you to the R70 version.

Check Point Security Administrator R70

From what I can tell has changed from R65 objectives:

-CoreXL is covered
-more CLI (which I heard has been improved on r70)
-Lots of stuff from the CCSE course (VPNs)
-CP IPS (not sure if this is just smart defense?)

Overall, this exam looks MUCH tougher than R65 CCSA. It almost looks like, except for clustering, a combined CCSA/CCSE. On that, its interesting to note they haven't released a CCSE exam yet.

Oh, also the course for R70 is now 5 days long, where R65 was only 3 (and 2 for ccse).

In any case, I am signed up for R65 in 2 weeks, so good luck to those that are thinking of doing this one!

EDIT:

Just wanted to say, don't be worried about rushing to do R65 because of this. Im pretty sure R60 NGX exam/cert is still available, so R65 should be around for a while.

Comments

• Options
    BobMeadBobMead Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    It doesn't look like you can actually sign up for it yet, but if you go to CCSA on CP's site now, it directs you to the R70 version.

Check Point Security Administrator R70

From what I can tell has changed from R65 objectives:

-CoreXL is covered
    -CP IPS (not sure if this is just smart defense?)

Overall, this exam looks MUCH tougher than R65 CCSA. It almost looks like, except for clustering, a combined CCSA/CCSE. On that, its interesting to note they haven't released a CCSE exam yet.

Oh, also the course for R70 is now 5 days long, where R65 was only 3 (and 2 for ccse).

In any case, I am signed up for R65 in 2 weeks, so good luck to those that are thinking of doing this one!

EDIT:

Just wanted to say, don't be worried about rushing to do R65 because of this. Im pretty sure R60 NGX exam/cert is still available, so R65 should be around for a while.

-CoreXL is covered Which covers making the FWD process multi-threaded
    -CP IPS (not sure if this is just smart defense?) Smart Defense No Longer Exist. IPS is a new way of doing things the correct way. I am currently running it and it works very well.
    Press RETURN to get started

:roll: