Options

Full Cisco unified solution

xrayheadxrayhead Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hi All

I’ve been tasked with the job of putting together a demonstration suite for a Cisco unified solution. We have a number of items in place already and I need to add to this list so we can demonstrate a fully featured up-to-date unified Voice and Video solution.

So far I've been involved with setting up the following

Multi node/router network with a number of POE switches in different demonstration locations around the building, physical servers, a large VMware ESX platform, Exchange and AD, BES 5 (Blackberry Enterprise Server). I also have the following Cisco services running on our network as follows:
  • CallManager version v7, clustered 2 x Hardware Servers
  • CallManager Express (v8 beta, testing IPV:6)

At present I’ve configured the following; extension mobility, MLPP, Class of Service, Barge and Privacy, MGCP, and external routeing via UKNP using a BRI gateway.

I would like to add the following features to the network;
  • Presence (using Cisco Unified Personal communicator)
  • Video conferencing
  • Voice messaging
  • Meeting Place
  • Mobile communicator (Blackberry integration)

So I’ve proposed the following upgrades to our network and would really appreciate some pointers on the Hardware software I will need. Also I’m not 100% sure what products are available through CEO download as a demo and also what services require specific hardware and a licence? I would like to run as many of the applications as possible on our VMware network!

Proposed upgrade:
  • Cisco Unity Unified Messaging
  • CUPS: Cisco Unified Presence Server
  • Cisco Unified Meeting Place: integrated voice, video, and web collaboration
  • Cisco Unified Video Conferencing
    • Cisco Unified Video Desktop
  • Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
  • Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage Server
    • Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator:

Many thanks icon_profileleft.gif

Xray

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    xrayhead wrote: »
    Hi All

I’ve been tasked with the job of putting together a demonstration suite for a Cisco unified solution. We have a number of items in place already and I need to add to this list so we can demonstrate a fully featured up-to-date unified Voice and Video solution.

So far I've been involved with setting up the following

Multi node/router network with a number of POE switches in different demonstration locations around the building, physical servers, a large VMware ESX platform, Exchange and AD, BES 5 (Blackberry Enterprise Server). I also have the following Cisco services running on our network as follows:
    • CallManager version v7, clustered 2 x Hardware Servers
    • CallManager Express (v8 beta, testing IPV:6)

At present I’ve configured the following; extension mobility, MLPP, Class of Service, Barge and Privacy, MGCP, and external routeing via UKNP using a BRI gateway.

I would like to add the following features to the network;
    • Presence (using Cisco Unified Personal communicator)
    • Video conferencing
    • Voice messaging
    • Meeting Place
    • Mobile communicator (Blackberry integration)

So I’ve proposed the following upgrades to our network and would really appreciate some pointers on the Hardware software I will need. Also I’m not 100% sure what products are available through CEO download as a demo and also what services require specific hardware and a licence? I would like to run as many of the applications as possible on our VMware network!

Proposed upgrade:
    • Cisco Unity Unified Messaging
    • CUPS: Cisco Unified Presence Server
    • Cisco Unified Meeting Place: integrated voice, video, and web collaboration
    • Cisco Unified Video Conferencing
      • Cisco Unified Video Desktop
    • Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
    • Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage Server
      • Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator:

Many thanks icon_profileleft.gif

Xray

I would really need to take a look at your current network before we got into talking if you will be able to handle all the new features that you may want to implement. You may want to call a partner that specializes in voice( I know a good one:D).

PM me if interested.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related