Br0-002

iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
Has anyone updated their previous N+ cert with the bridge exam BR0-002?

Comments

  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    iowatech wrote: »
    Has anyone updated their previous N+ cert with the bridge exam BR0-002?

    Can't say I have? Why would you update your CompTIA certs?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    To stay current with technology and not appear lazy to my employer.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    iowatech wrote: »
    To stay current with technology and not appear lazy to my employer.

    Well, with CompTIA certs, you just list:

    CompTIA Network+

    You need not list the year or the exam series.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    iowatech wrote: »
    To stay current with technology and not appear lazy to my employer.

    If you are worried about that then start working on the CCENT, then go for the CCNA. icon_wink.gif It's crazy to take Network+ multiple times. This helps you not only not look lazy before your employer, but also open up new doors for yourself icon_cheers.gif
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you are worried about that then start working on the CCENT, then go for the CCNA. icon_wink.gif It's crazy to take Network+ multiple times. This helps you not only not look lazy before your employer, but also open up new doors for yourself icon_cheers.gif

    +1
    I agree, you will learn more, even about general networking, by pursuing the CCNA then you will by learning the gaps inbetween the older/newer N+ exams.
  • iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    It was a simple question. If you haven't taken the bridge exam I'm not sure why you are posting in the thread.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    iowatech wrote: »
    It was a simple question. If you haven't taken the bridge exam I'm not sure why you are posting in the thread.

    Ah, because we are trying to help. I apologize if we have somehow offended you, but you are unlikely to find anyone here who has taken a bridge exam except for maybe military/federal personal who do so to keep compliant.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    iowatech wrote: »
    It was a simple question. If you haven't taken the bridge exam I'm not sure why you are posting in the thread.

    Having a certification does not make you the only valid contributor to a topic regarding that certification. You can however, choose whose advice you listen to instead of being snarky about people that are trying to be helpful.
  • iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    Thank you for the internet ethics lesson sir, but the poster above you has made that crystal clear already as I made myself clear as well.

    Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread the helpful information is appreciated.

    Lets let this thing die and move on. Unless of course people would like to continue +1'ing it, then by all means do not let my apparent snarkiness(?) prevent you from doing so.
  • EMcCalebEMcCaleb Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    iowatech wrote: »
    Thank you for the internet ethics lesson sir, but the poster above you has made that crystal clear already as I made myself clear as well.

    Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread the helpful information is appreciated.

    Lets let this thing die and move on. Unless of course people would like to continue +1'ing it, then by all means do not let my apparent snarkiness(?) prevent you from doing so.

    Wow..what a negative attitude.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You guys realize IOWA is an acronym for Idiots Out Wandering Around, right? Geez, give the guy a break...

    I'm just kidding dude. I'm from MN, so I thought I'd inject a little mid-west humor ;)
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Alligator wrestler Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    You guys realize IOWA is an acronym for Idiots Out Wandering Around, right? Geez, give the guy a break...

    I'm just kidding dude. I'm from MN, so I thought I'd inject a little mid-west humor ;)

    Ah but in only about 9 months or so...you'll have to claim your new locale as your 'home' :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

    ***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

    'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pfft, I'm glad to be gone. Poor me lounging on my balcony in the mid-70s while my old home-town is freezing. I actually have jokes for Wisconsin and the Dakotas as well. I was trying to think of something for Canada but then I realized it was already it's own punchline :p

    Regarding the OP, I do concur that you should try to expand your knowledge instead of just trying to renew what you already have. I'd go for the CCENT unless you're required to update your Network+.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Alligator wrestler Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    ....p

    Regarding the OP, I do concur that you should try to expand your knowledge instead of just trying to renew what you already have. I'd go for the CCENT unless you're required to update your Network+.



    I too would agree that one should look forward and not backwards. I have yet to find someone who required ones CompTIA cert to be 'upgraded' with the exception of security clearance. Even then, those few folks have gone beyond the Networking Basics and were pursuing higher level certifications. The upgrade exam was a mere formality.

    ***

    My favorite line/bit comes out of the Movie "Anapolis"

    Jake Huard: He's right you know.
    Twins: Can I borrow your starch?
    Jake Huard: Look, I don't get it. Why are you still here?
    Twins: You want to know why I stay in this room?
    Jake Huard: Yeah.
    Twins: Cause Jake, you're my Mississippi.
    Jake Huard: I'm your what?
    Twins: People who live in Arkansas, you know what their favorite state is?
    Jake Huard: No.
    Twins: Mississippi. Cause Mississippi's the only thing that keeps Arkansas from being the worst state in the whole country.
    Jake Huard: I'm Mississippi.
    Twins: Well you sure as hell ain't California. Listen, Cole and Whitaker are so busy tryin' to run you out they forgot about me. As a matter of fact, they've forgotten about every other plebe in this whole company. That's why I stay in this room Jake. Cause if Mississippi quits, then all of a sudden Arkansas is the worst state in the whole country.


    If you only could have moved to Mississippi ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

    ***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

    'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
Sign In or Register to comment.