Options

Troubleshoot this....

I'm at work with this scenario. I laptop using wireless is connected to the LAN, but cant answer to pings, cant ping anything on the lan (wan works though O_O). I tried to reset the winsock & TCP/IP settings and using new drivers. Also tried modifying the local computers routing table. Nothing works, still cant ping anything on the LAN. All firewalls are ofc off. Cannot browse the web either since I cant connect to 192.168.0.1 - DG and DNS. I am currently on the same wireless connection, and everything works, so no problems at the router. Also checked some stuffs in the router (dhcp, nat, etc) and it works there. Obvious because I can ping 4.2.2.2. Here is a screenshot that might help. Sorry it is in swedish, think you do understand anyway. Computer is .9, DG is .1, cant ping anything on the LAN.

Using Vista, thats why I posted here.

Halp!

connectionproblemshardc.jpg
CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.

Comments

• Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1 check device manager
    2 seems like something with DG
    3 turn off firewall
    4 un check block all incoming connections

Can you ping 192.168.0.1 from your computer the .09?
    What is the DNS server your using?

ipconfig /all
    ipconfig /displaydns
    ipconfig /flushdns

can you do any nslookups Google

What service packs do you have installed ?

these are just basic things its hard for me vision right now just some ideas i thought i would run through
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    Can you ping 192.168.0.1 from your computer the .09? - Nope, as you see from the ****.
    What is the DNS server your using? - 192.168.0.1, but since it does not answer to direct requests, I changed it to 4.2.2.2. The .9 computer can now browse the web, so I got l2 connectivity with .1 :P
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.