Options

XP remote assitance questions

matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
Hi guys.

Long time no post for me!

I'm in need of being able to use remote assitance to perform tasks on computers in another city. The problem is the operator on the other end and myself often can't coordinate a time where we can both be on MSN to send and accept a request. They'd like for me to able to initate the remote assitance session without a request having to be sent. Is this possible?

I'm know this is possible with a 3rd party utility, but I'd prefer to use RA since it's built in and all the computers already have it.

I've never actually used remote assitance.

Comments

• Options
    Free RangeFree Range Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can use email to request remote assistance, but to actually do tasks on other PC you need remote control.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    That's tough to do if you both won't be in front of the machine at the same time.

VNC is tiny and would do the trick... I know it's third party but you could attach it to an email, have the user install it (server) and agree on a password. Once running you could attach at your convenience.

Yeah, it's third party... but it's small and free.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    just use RDP. Turn it on the computer you want to connect to & connect.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Works for me Webmaster icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    didnt see the forest for the trees there... and I remote home from work several times a day. lol
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.