• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats. i passed mine too ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Welcome aboard with Congrats :D
    Enjoy the professional, it is not that rough at all
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    bellboy wrote:
    congrats. i passed mine too ;)

Congrats Bellboy!
  • Options
    Blueice087Blueice087 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing your test bellboy
    i delayed my A+ core to tues to get some final studying in.. but i am finding i am more than ready...
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    what was the exam like any good hints that you could give me and some stuff that i should stress on
    thank you
  • Options
    blueice, you probably are ready. i find that i am ready to book the exam when i start getting blase and complacent with study and practise tests.

ghaoufa, best thing to do is have everything coered as best you can as there are a lot of scenario questions, which may take in more than one objective at a time.

know your osi model, topologies, cabling specs, interoperability between macs and *nix/windows servers, dhcp, dns, wins. try to have every objective covered as best you can. and don't forget that you can review your answers - i did the exam in just over half and hour and spent almost the same amount of time going over my answers again... there was one question in particular where i read it wrong.

take your time. it's not a race. scenario questions will take longer to answer, but the straight-forward questions will be ansered in seconds ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    could you give me an example of a screnio question
    what were they like and how straight forward
    thank you
  • Options
    kind of like, your present network uses blah and your boss wants it changed to blah, and you are given various choices. or there's the diagram questions where station blah cannot connect to such-and-such a device or server blah, and it give you other details about cabling and what-not, and you have to decide where the problem is.

if you use transcender, their questions aren't far off the mark.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    thanks i use transender
    did you get any question that were weird like ones that you say how in the world am i suposed to know that??
    and how long did you study and how many hours each day??
  • Options
    there were a few questions that i thought seemed to be outside the whelms of the objectives or in depth that i thought was not required, but for those i tried to put the pieces together and make an educated guess.

transcender is believed to be a little harder than comptia exams, some say even harder than actual microsoft exams. their pass mark is certainly higher than the actual exam.

the explanations that transcender give will go someway to explain things, sometimes in better detail than your books ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    took a 20 question practice exam from transender and i got 820/900 seems that i missed 2 questions from the network implementation domain 3
    what did you miss did it tell you which objective you missed like the A+
    also what was you average exam score on transender
    thank you icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    msempermsemper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey ghaoufa,

You are ready :D! The main goal is to pass. Getting a 900 or 646 is no difference. A few question came from left field icon_redface.gif such as why you can't connect to a Hotel phone icon_eek.gif . I guess you you just have to do what bellboy said, "make a educated guess", and you will be okay.

Good luck!!