Options

GTS : Can be enabled only at the first level

BosefusBosefus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am doing one of the labs in the ONT lab book, I am told to enter the following config in the router, when I do I get the error GTS : Can be enabled only at the first level.

class-map match-all af41
match dscp af41
class-map match-all ef
match dscp ef
class-map match-all af32
match dscp af32
!
!
policy-map innerpolicy
class ef
shape peak 20000
class af41
shape peak 40000
class af32
shape peak 50000
policy-map shapingpolicy
class class-default
shape average 128000
service-policy innerpolicy

I found this link GroupStudy.com - CCIE, CCNA, CCNP and other Cisco Certifications which states that traffic shaping has to be enabled on the outside policy which shaping is, yet I am unable to apply the policy to an interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Working on CCNP, passed BSCI, Currently working on ONT.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    On the inner policy you need to use bandwidth or police statements.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Ok, just cannot use shape statements? If I were to use police statements on the outside policy would that mean that I am unable to use police statements on the inside policy?

Or is it only shape statements that cannot be used on the inside?

Wonder why the cisco press book would have me attempt this and state that it should work.

Thank you for your reply.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Could be a difference in QoS features supported by the equipment used in the book and the equipment you are using to lab. QoS itself isn't hard. It is figuring out what you can do with each piece of equipment, the modules/linecards, etc. that can make your head spin. I've tried tons of stuff in the ONT and QoS Cert guides, as well as End-to-End QoS Design that I couldn't replicate with the equipment I have on hand..and I'm sure not using the 6513s for testing.....

I guess it comes down to knowing what features your equipment and software support.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    I guess it comes down to knowing what features your equipment and software support.

Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

I'm not sure about the logic in that Policy map either.... it seems a double up of shaping.....

It would make more sense to specify Bandwidth\Bandwidth Remaining (assuming you've used percentages everywhere else)\Priority or Police statements in the Child policy... then apply GTS at the Parent policy level.

What page of the ONT lab guide are you looking at....I'm intrigued...

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I think he is talking about page 140 and the task is about nesting policies with shaping on the physical interface then shaping per marking and is applied to a serial interface
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    Could be a difference in QoS features supported by the equipment used in the book and the equipment you are using to lab. QoS itself isn't hard. It is figuring out what you can do with each piece of equipment, the modules/linecards, etc. that can make your head spin. I've tried tons of stuff in the ONT and QoS Cert guides, as well as End-to-End QoS Design that I couldn't replicate with the equipment I have on hand..and I'm sure not using the 6513s for testing.....

Thanks for the great info, I thought the features were pretty standard, I am obviously very wrong.
    I think he is talking about page 140 and the task is about nesting policies with shaping on the physical interface then shaping per marking and is applied to a serial interface

Correct, 140 to 142.