Options

Interview Tommorow

stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
I happen to get an unexpected phone call for a job didn't expect to get an interview for at all its for Data Security

I have some concerns now I don't have a lot of Linux experience but have taken a class in and can review some of stuff I need to know. I also don't have any Sql /programming experience in working with or creating databases with it but I can obtain these skills as I go and grow.

Job Requirements

Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and two years experience in Computer Science, Business Data Processing or Customer Service

General understanding of the principles, methods, techniques and concepts of modern computer systems with networks, systems, databases and on-line applications; ability to plan, supervise, schedule, coordinate multiple project assignments; strong analytical, oral and written communication skills to communicate with technically oriented system and network administration personnel as well as with non-technical computer users; detail oriented and strong customer service background is required.

Knowledge of UNIX scripting, Oracle, SQL, SQLplus, Perl, Visual Basic, LDAP, HTML, and XML and experience in an academic environment is preferred. An understanding of host security, database security, and TCP/IP and a familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures is preferred.

Here is a part they listed :

1. Serve as an advisor for the Unit Security Contacts, Custodians, University officials and management on access and security issues.
2. Use both Security application and Unicenter on a daily basis to monitor and answer client requests.
3. Manage Enterprise IDs using the EAS architecture.
4. Analyze reported problems, and develop and implement corrective procedures.
5. Coordinate with departments/units on security issues. Report and advise management on issues related to computer access and security.
6. Work closely with the Unit Security Contacts to answer their questions, and keep their training up to date.
7. Provide technical assistance and training for clients and staff.
8. Run reports on new users and deleted users access.
9. Use TOAD and other applications for database querying and manipulation.
10. Update LDAP information and Banner information.
11. Handle account creation and management for most resources. This includes, but is not limited to, LAN (Active Directory), E-mail/Exchange, AppWorx, Subversion, UNIX, and LINUX.
12. Responsible for overall access to resources. This includes but is not limited to setting up forms access as well as additional module specific settings (E.g. HR/pay and Records & Registration).
13. Assist and consult with other University staff on continuing development with security (E.g. Banner 7.X).
14. Use AppWorx for building automated processes related to security maintenance.
15. Use Subversion for maintaining version information.
16. Control physical access to buildings using card access system.
17. Work closely with domain administrators on Active Directory implementation.
18. Involved with testing and implementation into various environments such as Linux, UNIX, Windows, firewalls, network, Oracle databases, and object-oriented applications. Use PERL, SQL, SQLplus, Visual Basic, XML, HTML and other programming languages to process requests and administer and improve security functions.

I would like to get this job I feel it could lead me to what I want in my future.

I wonder what advice you all have for me I will be preparing for this the rest of the I am excited because and eager to get back to working I feel this is a great opportunity for me.

Thank You All :D
Free Reading : History Books

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do you have any programming experience?
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    just html web stuff, i did some scripting in my linux class, willing to learn it , I feel its my only downfall and would take classes to obtain these skills. If i knew how important programming was today I would have started with it when I started college.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just be honest with them and play up your strengths. Good luck!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."