Options

I need good Computer hardware/software sources

DerekAustin26DerekAustin26 Member Posts: 275
We all know that being in the Technology field, things are ALWAYS changing! So keeping up to date and staying in school and getting certifications are great, but nobody will ever have all the answers in the ever changing dynamic world of IT.

With that said, one big part about being a good technician is about not so much knowing it all or having all the certifications, but knowing WHERE to find the answers!

Everytime I am looking for some random, unknown error to a microsoft application or 3rd party app, it is very hard for me personally to find the answers without ending up at some weird forum with crazy questions and answers that are very obscure in answering your questions.

So could you guys maybe give me some advice and maybe some links to good reliable sources for finding answers to everyday known & unknown random errors & problems? Please, I'd appreciate it. I feel like my "personal knowledge base" of sources is weak!

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    My biggest resource by far is the technet libraries.

If im clueless on something, I can almost always get a quick handle on it with a google search.

If you have some money in the budget, buying the MS Resource Kits for the MS products you support can help out quite a bit as well.