Options

Preplogi Mega Guide(CCNP)

qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
I bought the mega guides, just not sure how good these are. I'm seeing a lot of "critical" errors, might end up not using these. One example is on the summary-address configuration command, 3rd sentence which states

"Specifically external summarization affects how the OSPF network is advertised to an external routing protocol."

This can seriously screw someone up using this guide as a last minute prep. Per "Cisco OSPF Design Guide."

"External route summarization is specific to external routes that are injected into OSPF via redistribution."

I'm sure there are other mistakes, but for $1, you get what you pay for I guess. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Has anyone used preplogics guide? SOme input would be great.
If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
you intend to get across, then it is not focused
well enough.
—Charles Osgood, TV commentator

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I haven't used them for Cisco, but I have for many of the MS exams. Sure, they may contains a couple errors and aren't perfect by any means. Many books also contain an occasional error. I've found some errors in MS Press and Syngress books as well. So I wouldn't spend too much time analyzing every statement you think is wrong. Just mark it a false statement if you think it's false and move on. Also, keep in mind many of the $1 Megaguides are a few years old, so your not getting the latest and greatest.

Like any exam, you should be using multiple study resources and not relying on just one. I try to use these guides as a 3rd or 4th resource. Anyways, good luck with your studying icon_study.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)