Interview 9-Dec

Hi guys:

I was wondering if you would provide some insight on my thoughts for my interview on Wednesday.

I have been to a number of interviews and quite a few times with the agency I am going to interview with on Wednesday. In fact, the people I am meeting I Wednesday, I previously interview with them back in June to enter the pool of qualified candidates. The interview is, roughly, two hours away from my home. Normally, I have no problem driving that distance to go to interviews, appointments, and so fourth, however I do have a slight concern for this week. There has been a major weather incident in this forecast this week (snow storm). Generally, December's weather is hard to predict let alone daily forecasting. However, I would like to consider the possibility that I might not be able to make the interview on Wednesday. What is the proper manner to call the interviewing agency if the possibility occurred? If conditions did degrade enough to not be able to travel, I was thinking along the lines of calling them early that particular day to apologize and seek a possible another interview date. I am hoping that this does not have to come to play, but I would like to see what others might do in a similar situation.
From Security+ book by Sybex:
"One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."

Comments

• SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    If they are forcasting bad weather now, you might want to call them Monday and tell them the deal. Make sure it does not sound like you are tying to get out of the interview just tell them you want to be prepared and are giving a heads up in case the weather does turn bad. They should understand if they are calling for a ton of snow they are probably already thinking about it. If you do call early in the week make sure you call the morning of and let them know you are still coming.

Or if it was me, i would drive there the day before and get a hotel room close by. if you really want to go to the interview that is.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Silentsoul wrote: »
    If they are forcasting bad weather now, you might want to call them Monday and tell them the deal. Make sure it does not sound like you are tying to get out of the interview just tell them you want to be prepared and are giving a heads up in case the weather does turn bad. They should understand if they are calling for a ton of snow they are probably already thinking about it. If you do call early in the week make sure you call the morning of and let them know you are still coming.

Or if it was me, i would drive there the day before and get a hotel room close by. if you really want to go to the interview that is.

Yes, your ideas do sound great. I will give them a call on Monday to explain about the possibility. In addition, following up on Wednesday should nothing happen would be excellent. I wish I lived closer to the city - I plan to live there, of course, if I ever do get a position.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."