Options

70-643

OK I'm planning to take the 643 soon and I was wondering what to expect. Is the exam harder than the other exams on the EA path? How heavily is Sharepoint tested?

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I don't see any sharepoint listed in the objectives for the exam. I would focus far more on terminal services and IIS and the new stuff. Don't forget to keep up on the basics though such as DNS and AD.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    undomiel wrote: »
    I don't see any sharepoint listed in the objectives for the exam. I would focus far more on terminal services and IIS and the new stuff. Don't forget to keep up on the basics though such as DNS and AD.

ok I'll keep that in mind.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had one question regarding SharePoint on my exam. I cannot recall any details (not that I would be allowed to give them). But I do recall that it was conceptual. I was able to answer the question with general knowledge of SharePoint.
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    WSS is an exam objective. I am currently studying it too

I think from what the MS Press book is trying to say, Term servs and IIS are the heavy components.

Chapter 9 in the MSPress book anyway is titles Configuring WSS
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    texasit wrote: »
    OK I'm planning to take the 643 soon and I was wondering what to expect. Is the exam harder than the other exams on the EA path? How heavily is Sharepoint tested?

I am planning on taking this on monday. Some people on this board have said it was easy, others have said it was hard. I guess it all depends how well you prepare. Considering the exam objectives give only %14 to Sharepoint and Windows Media services there is bound to be a few questions on those topics. I would reckon 5 or 6 questions on that topic. TS and IIS are definitely the biggies but deploying servers shouldn't underestimated either.

I honestly think they have crammed a lot of topics into the deploying servers section personally. IIS is definitely my weakest topic. Never understood it in W2K3, i understand it now but i still don't feel that confident with it. The MSPress book doesnt do a great job on that topic either i feel. It does a good job on TS though. I have found testout to be a very good source for preparing.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    WSS was the third hardest testing portion of the exam for me, I had about 6-7 questions on it.

I think this test is the hardest in the EA path (i havnt taken 647 yet), and i even failed it once.

IIS and Terminal Services are tested very very heavily.
  • Options
    texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    Thanks everyone its seems like TS and IIS are the main points with WDS and Sharepoint having a few questions here and there.I'll have to brush up on mt TS and IIS knowledge then.
    Hopefully I can take this exam before the year ends.