Options

Is this a Book (or a digital book)?

new2netnew2net Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is this an actually book that will be mailed out? Or is it a digital copy? I am referring to the Quick Reference Sheets found here (not the video mentor):
CCNA Quick Reference Sheets (Digital Short Cut, CCNA Exam 640-802)

Not sure what "Digital Shortcut" means.
It seems like a good reference to have...

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's a digital (electronic) book -- downloadable (probably secured) PDF.

Most of the Quick Reference Sheets have let me print them.

One of the Voice ones only let me print 20 pages icon_rolleyes.gif

One of them wasn't even DRM'ed and opens fine on another laptop in the regular Adobe reader without any fuss.

I keep the Adobe Digital Editions software icon on my desktop, since it's easy to lose the secured pdfs in all the hard drive clutter. I've got them backed up somewhere, but I've only used the secured ones on this one laptop.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    new2netnew2net Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    It's a digital (electronic) book -- downloadable (probably secured) PDF.

Most of the Quick Reference Sheets have let me print them.

One of the Voice ones only let me print 20 pages icon_rolleyes.gif

One of them wasn't even DRM'ed and opens fine on another laptop in the regular Adobe reader without any fuss.

Thanks a lot Mike!

What do you mean by "secured"?
    Isn't it just a PDF that you can open?
    Really wished it came as a book though.

The reason I ask is because I am trying to decide between the Quick Reference Sheet and the Flash Card (CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack (CCENT Exam 640-822 and CCNA Exams 640-816 and 640-802), 3rd Edition).

How would you say the flash cards compare to the reference sheets? I really like the Official ICND1 and 2 books. Now I am looking for a reference-type guide.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    new2net wrote: »
    What do you mean by "secured"?
    I bought some when they first came out and they used the Adobe Digital Editions software to access them.

It may have changed since then since the last one I bought mentioned the Adobe Digital Editions software or the latest Adobe Reader.... but is totally unsecured (no Digital Right Management stuff) and works fine on my Kindle DX.

I like the Quick Reference Sheets as a review to make sure I have all the topics covered -- and to page through to kill time outside the exam center on test day (since I always get there early). But I also liked the Flash Cards/Exam Pack when they were available. Back in the "old days" before the "digital downloads" the Quick Reference Sheets were PDF files on the Flash Card/Exam Pack CD -- so I never had to choose between them :D

It's probably best to see if anyone here has bought them recently to see what is currently shipping -- the DRM protected PDFs that require the Adobe Digital Editions (and may or may not have printing limitations), or normal PDFs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    elphrank0elphrank0 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Requires the free Adobe® Reader® software.
    Download after purchase.
    info_16.gif Before downloading this DRM-encrypted Adobe® Reader® PDF file, be sure to:

It probably needs a username and password granted by cisco to open.