Options

Simulation question

LantzvillianLantzvillian Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am attempting the 70-431 tomorrow, but I had a small question about the simulations.

Clearly, the simulations are a vb-kind of based exam, but how do you know you have completed the task? is it proclaimed? are there visible results?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No, there is no indication that you have completed the task. You are expected to know you have completed it by your understanding of the task. Some of the tasks are quite similar. Read them carefully.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!! and be sure to give a report! icon_thumright.gif. If you get stuck on one of the sims, you can move on to the next questions then come back to the others. Usually best to refresh and start from beginning as to not make any mistakes.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    Passed yesterday! got 986/1000 on the MC section and 700/1000 on the simulations.

A couple of the questions, I had no idea what they were asking so i clicked my way into guessing. Its not exactly the best test simulations, but it was nerve wracking for sure.

I ended up having 35 MC and 12 simulation questions.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif
    whew...good job! you just squeeked by. Not sure if you knew this but your lower score of the two is taken as your final score.
    My exam was similar 35 and 12. It was my most nerve wracking exam for sure.
    Any plans from here on?

And again, Congrats!!

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had a similar score. I think I have an easy time with multiple choise type questions. But the sims I really got confused on a few of them as to what I was doing and how it differed from other questions I had just completed.

Hey! A pass is a pass, right?
  • Options
    Very correct, a pass is a pass.

Yeah I found that as well. The simulation questions didn't put you exactly into the scenario. You must do this... okay cool now what... lets see.. this is disabled... that isn't... ahh mayyyyybee..

- That was my strategy.

I used the MOC book, worked through the labs and the text examples. Also I am in this course BCIT : : COMP 4677 - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Administration at BCIT, (its mandatory for my bridging to a Bachelors in Technology, the result is that I 'skip' two years of school)

The profs name is Donabel Santos, shes pretty cool and knows her stuff. Much to her dismay, I ended up asking a fair number of ridiculous questions since I have a pretty good foundation of Oracle and MySQL.

From here it looks like I am going to be either studying for my SCNP and or CEH. I am also going to be donating a fair amount of my time to Drupal and my site orangespike.ca | Always Citrus Fresh

If anyone wants to write articles for the site pm me.