Options

VCP 3.5 Test Prep Material?

moe2810moe2810 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am in the process of getting ready to purchase some study material / prep-Practice exams that will help me prepare for VCP 3.5 exam.

I was hoping to get some feedback from some individuals who have taken the test and if so, what material did they use.

I am currently looking at test king and transcender. Has anyone used Test King or transcender or possibly a different product.

As a System Administrator I have experience with Vmware. We have multiple VM Data centers at my company and I am lucky to have hands on experience building esx servers, using vm tools, etc. I mention this because I am trying to find the best program that will actually help me with material and type of questions that will be on the test.

Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    moe2810 wrote: »
    I am in the process of getting ready to purchase some study material / prep-Practice exams that will help me prepare for VCP 3.5 exam.

I was hoping to get some feedback from some individuals who have taken the test and if so, what material did they use.

I am currently looking at test king and transcender. Has anyone used Test King or transcender or possibly a different product.
    Test King is a **** site. The "practice" tests they give you are the actual questions copied off the exam and people just memorise the answers without any understanding. Any site which gives you a 100% guarantee on passing is a little suspicious.

Transcender are a legitimate practice question vendor so should be where you're going for what you need.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    VCP Exam Cram and the included CD was the best I found.
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    If you are thinking of taking the vcp-310 then you had better hurry up as the exam retires at the end of this year. I only just managed to get it in this week after hearing about its retirement last week.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    moe2810moe2810 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dales wrote: »
    If you are thinking of taking the vcp-310 then you had better hurry up as the exam retires at the end of this year. I only just managed to get it in this week after hearing about its retirement last week.

Thanks for the heads up... I just logged onto VM mylearn forums. They have actually extended the vcp 3 until the end of March. However, I am not going to wait that long. Again, thanks for the heads up.

By the way... how did you do on the test. Any surprises?

Thanks
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    A few, dont just concerntrate on tech content, it would be usful to learn things about the layout of the UI's etc.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk