stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
Free Reading : History Books

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Bleh. Another new buzzwordy phrase that will get overused ><
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If the attacker has the ability to replace a PC with an identical one to get the password, you have larger issues to worry about than someone cracking your encrypted drives. All your base are belong to them...
  • Options
    If the attacker has the ability to replace a PC with an identical one to get the password, you have larger issues to worry about than someone cracking your encrypted drives. All your base are belong to them...
    ^ This exactly
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If I were the bad guy I think I would go the easier route with the rubber hose attack.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If I were the bad guy I think I would go the easier route with the rubber hose attack.

More messy though icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    The solution is to employ a masochist to hold your crypto keys. The potential downside is that they may intentionally get caught...
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Thats a pretty retarded article.

If someone phyiscally removes your encrypted computer, they will have the rest of their life to research or find some way to decrypt it.

One form of security doesnt imply total security.....You can have bitlocker enabled on all of your servers and workstations, but if they are plugged up outside next to the trash can, there is no guarantee they wont walk off.