Options

Computer Architecture diagram

chanrattchanratt Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am one of those people who needs to see what they are studying in illustration form to help me better understand. I am currently reading up on motherboards, buses, ram, cache;s etc and how they all communicate with one another. I would appreciate if someone could maybe point me to a good diagram of this architecture.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    chanratt wrote: »
    I am one of those people who needs to see what they are studying in illustration form to help me better understand. I am currently reading up on motherboards, buses, ram, cache;s etc and how they all communicate with one another. I would appreciate if someone could maybe point me to a good diagram of this architecture.

thanks in advance

I would say the best way to visual a mother board, is by finding an old one at a pc store, or look at a Ewaste recycler. Another good way is by building your own computer.

Here is a diagram to get you started........good luck
    Google Image Result for http://www.build-your-own-computer.net/image-files/motherboard-diagram-01.jpg
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    chanrattchanratt Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would say the best way to visual a mother board, is by finding an old one at a pc store, or look at a Ewaste recycler. Another good way is by building your own computer.

Here is a diagram to get you started........good luck
    Google Image Result for http://www.build-your-own-computer.net/image-files/motherboard-diagram-01.jpg

thank you networking student. I have a mobo right here and have built a couple of systems from scratch so i know what that looks like. However, I don't think I phrased myself correctly. What I want is a map.....a map of the different 'buses' on a motherboard'; I am confused as to which connects to which....for example, does the front side bus and pci bus connect directly? or does the north bridge stand between them? Is the backside bus called the same thing when it leaves L2 to connect to ram'; what connects the cpu to the graphics card....that sort of thing. Please forgive me as I am new to all of this.
  • Options
    shivilleshiville Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you networking student. I have a mobo right here and have built a couple of systems from scratch so i know what that looks like. However, I don't think I phrased myself correctly. What I want is a map.....a map of the different 'buses' on a motherboard'; I am confused as to which connects to which....for example, does the front side bus and pci bus connect directly? or does the north bridge stand between them? Is the backside bus called the same thing when it leaves L2 to connect to ram'; what connects the cpu to the graphics card....that sort of thing. Please forgive me as I am new to all of this.

This is a good virtual look of a computer it has helped me alot. Kids Online
    This guy has open the computer and if you move your mouse around the parts of the picture he explains each section.
    Also you can buy the comptia a + complete study guide that you could find it cheap on amazon.com. This book is excellent for explaining every parts down to chips and northbridge,southbridge,slots,pathways,etc. Even if your not taken the exam this book is excellent just to have around if your in to understanding everything about computers.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod

FSB (Frontside Bus) Definition
    Front-side bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Backside Bus Definition
    Back-side bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?