Options

I can't believe I'm CCNA!

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Passed icnd2 this morning with a 917! I still can't believe I passed. Those 9 months of studying sure did pay off. Thanks for everyone's help from this forum. Going to take a break until next year and then pursuing MCSA. w00t!

Comments

• Options
    ATL357ATL357 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Passed icnd2 this morning with a 917! I still can't believe I passed. Those 9 months of studying sure did pay off. Thanks for everyone's help from this forum. Going to take a break until next year and then pursuing MCSA. w00t!

Congrats!!!
  • Options
    RhodanRhodan Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, well done.

What study material did you use and how relevant was it to the exam?
  • Options
    Rhodan wrote: »
    Congrats, well done.

What study material did you use and how relevant was it to the exam?

I used CBT Nuggets, Train Signal, and the Wendell Odom preparation library books. The videos were a good primer but the books have a wealth of information. Im probably going to read them again right before I start doing ccnp.
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    congrats!!! ejoy the feeling
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif Enjoy with a little drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed
    Congratulations on the pass and CCNA!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with the MCSA study icon_study.gif after taking an appropriate time to celebrate drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

Hells yea. Why not study for the CCNA:S? So far it is pretty easy...

Great Job
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and good timing, breaking just in time for Christmas.

I didn't mine fast enough now have to wait until mid-January icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »
    Hells yea. Why not study for the CCNA:S? So far it is pretty easy...

Great Job

I've wanted my mcsa for the last 5 years so I made it my goal to get it next year. I only have three more exams to go anyway, might as well get it over with.
  • Options
    I've wanted my mcsa for the last 5 years so I made it my goal to get it next year. I only have three more exams to go anyway, might as well get it over with.

Are you a student? They are doing a big promo that takes the price of the test down to about 60 bucks. But you have to finish the test by the end of June.

Are you going to go straight into the MCSA and then do the upgrade or are you going to do the MCSA, then MCSE?
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Big congrads.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    Are you a student? They are doing a big promo that takes the price of the test down to about 60 bucks. But you have to finish the test by the end of June.

Are you going to go straight into the MCSA and then do the upgrade or are you going to do the MCSA, then MCSE?

Not a student, got my B.S. already. Going to have a kid soon, no time for school. I only have to take 70-270, 290, and 291 for mcsa. I think at that point I might be too saturated with microsoft so I'll probably jump over to ccna:s. After that get my mcse. What upgrade are you referring to?
  • Options
    Not a student, got my B.S. already. Going to have a kid soon, no time for school. I only have to take 70-270, 290, and 291 for mcsa. I think at that point I might be too saturated with microsoft so I'll probably jump over to ccna:s. After that get my mcse. What upgrade are you referring to?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsserver.aspx#tab4

I was wondering if you were going to go
    MCSA >>>MCSE
    or
    MCSA>>MCITP:SA or EA
    or if you were going to do something like this MCSA>>MCSA:S>>MCSE>>>MCSE:S>>MCITP:SA or EA.

BTW you know that the windows 7 test (680) counts for MCSA as well.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsserver.aspx#tab4

I was wondering if you were going to go
    MCSA >>>MCSE
    or
    MCSA>>MCITP:SA or EA
    or if you were going to do something like this MCSA>>MCSA:S>>MCSE>>>MCSE:S>>MCITP:SA or EA.

BTW you know that the windows 7 test (680) counts for MCSA as well.

I have a personal vendetta against 70-270, it pwnd me about 5 years ago. I heard 70-620 is easy but I dont like taking the easy road out so Im taking 70-270.

Im probably going to do mcsa>mcsa:m>mcse>security+>ccna:s>ccnp

This all depends of course on the job that I'll have in the next few years. Right now Im doing more server than networking stuff so the mcsa/e makes sense. I predict I'll be in networking, hopefully senior security type stuff but thats not for about 3-5 years.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    congrats on the pass :)
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168

Congratulations and nice score Pal... A way to go icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□