How often do you play video games?

I Can Repair PCsI Can Repair PCs Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
This should be a fun poll! :)

This includes all video games, for any platform, any operating system, and any genre. It could even include games that run on mobile devices such as the iPhone or Blackberry. It also includes web-based Internet-only games that you usually play inside your browser--think pogo.com, slingo.com, etc. Even something simple such as Chess, Checkers or Backgammon. As long you play it on some kind of video screen and the game itself is not a physical electronic device (such as an electronic Chess board), then it counts. icon_wink.gif

I didn't put exact numbers on this poll, such as how many hours per week do you play, cuz that could be up for too much debate. Just use your best judgement when voting on this pertaining to how much or how little you like to play video games. icon_wink.gif

Just think of this as a scale between 1 and 5, with 1 meaning 'Not at All' and 5 meaning 'All the Time!' 3 is about average. Of course, don't take the words 'all the time' literally. You still have to eat, sleep and use the bathroom in order to stay alive. And hopefully, you also won't forget to take care of your hygeine, either (although some people actually do forget to do this! ooh ick!)! icon_eek.gif

HAVE AT IT!!! :D
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you count GeoDefense on my iPhone, a lot. I'll load it up for ten minutes here or there to break up my studies. I have one left on the hard setting that's really irritating me. I breezed through all the other levels.

I'm doing the PC/console stuff less and less; I've just got too much going on. Plus, a lot of the games seem to be rehashing stuff I've done dozens of times before, but with slightly better graphics. I got MW2 the day it was released, but I've yet to play it. I'm a sucker for good RPGs though, so I'm getting into Dragon Age and eagerly anticipating Mass Effect 2.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    off and on, although I get bored of them quick. Probably won't play much until GT5 comes out, then its go time!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I bought my kids a Wii so I've been playing that a little bit lately. After work, family and study there really isn't time for much else. I'll grab a beer and get a game in on the weekends though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Nope, never.

I haven't been into PC gaming since Duke Nukem, lol. I had a PS3 for a month or so, but it got boring. I'm a learning nerd.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I play when I can. Lately it's been Team Fortress 2, CoD: MW2 and World of Warcraft. icon_thumright.gif
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've got a PS3 but I mainly use it for watching stuff on Hulu & Netflix Instant. I occasionally play some games, but I hate getting too wrapped up in them. I made a huge mistake buying Demon's Souls. That game is so freakin hard, and the only way to play it safe is to move through verrrry slow so it takes forever for me to finish a level. If you get killed you start all the way back at the beginning and all the monsters you killed are alive again. icon_sad.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Like everyone else has said there seems to be no time. I tend to stay fairly busy throughout the week ,because I'm working full time, go to school part time, and I’m studying for my A+ certification. I knew I would have to give up playing video games I think once I started studying for the A+ certification exam. However,I will try to get 5 hours of playing time On Assassins Creed 2 during Christmas break. :)
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Anything on a pc, the last one I got hooked on was crysis but not much time lately. There was that game in the bathtub but we won't go there. camera almost fell in anyway.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    I used to play a lot of Stacraft (yes, old school) and Counter Strike Source last year. Now, whenever I get a chance I'll play Borderlands with my colleagues.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeh I am still terribad with games, Ill play when I can but obviously if I am studying or doing some other stuff games come last. Playing WoW AGAIN with friends, and occasionally some civ4 and that is it at the moment :)

Ill be playing games well into my 30's, I just don't like most of the drivel on TV except top gear :s
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No time to play games except blocks with my son :)
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Pash wrote: »
    Ill be playing games well into my 30's, I just don't like most of the drivel on TV except top gear :s

you young whipper snapper..... lol

I'm early 40's! and still showing my brothers (early 20's) how to get past certain levels on various games...
    I will admit I've not played any serious time in last couple of years due to other commitments, but me n the mrs are getting a new console for xmas lol

I'll be restricting my play time to weekends tho as weekdays is work or lab\study time icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »

Do you get stuck sometimes Turgon? Be Honest!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i play occasionally just to break away from things. im in the middle of a dissertation which is boring the t*ts off me! Roll on may when i finish uni!

Just bash out the the 360 on XBL playing the usual MW2 and fifa10! Fifa is legend but no one is playing it these days cos there all on MW2!!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »

You stick with that one as that is the one that creates real memories. Remember he will pick your nursing home if the time comes. He may just decide to push your wheel chair out in the rain because you never had time for him when he was young.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pash wrote: »
    Do you get stuck sometimes Turgon? Be Honest!

hehehe...Not yet, but it wont be long! He's a very bright boy and already bilingual.
  • Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    The occasional round of DotA thirsts my quench for some gaming =D
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I dont have much time between work, studying, watching lakers games, going to the gym. However when i do play i like to play the ps3, MW2 is nice!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I only play now and then to relieve stress or break up time between studying or time between other monotonous tasks. I prefer something like a FPS or other game I can jump into and enjoy immediately. I used to play World of Warcraft, in fact I think I'm still sitting on another month or so of play from when I reactivated my account to play with some friends a couple months ago. Just not the sort of game I can just jump into and really enjoy, always end up having to invest far too much time to remain competitive if you're into PVP.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I play COD MW2 when I can!!! School and work takes up most of the time though...
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have to shamelessly admin that I probably play alot more than most. I'm a big console gamer as of late (XBO360, but have PS3 & Wii too). I don't sleep much so I fill in the late hours with alot of quality game time icon_wink.gif

I usually study on the weekends because I've been playing games week nights.
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    so im the only one who voted addicted?? really??? ..........

Anyways yeah i do play alot, PC, 360, PS3, on my iphone and my laptop, so yeah... im addicted, but i do reserve time to study and my gf, but if there is any little time less i play, i normally sleep 1 hour less as long as i can play otherwise i cant relax for the next day at job =)
    "Almost..... is as good as Nothing"
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Glad I'm not the only one who voted Never.

A friend showed me a modern shooting game but there are so many buttons to push I couldn't be bothered. Whatever happened to Doom II style kill everything?

I do play with building blocks as well only to have my Roman villas smashed down by my 2yr old. Who needs TV?
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I have an on again off again thing with my WoW addiction. It's kinda like cigarettes
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who voted Never.

A friend showed me a modern shooting game but there are so many buttons to push I couldn't be bothered. Whatever happened to Doom II style kill everything?

I do play with building blocks as well only to have my Roman villas smashed down by my 2yr old. Who needs TV?

You'd love Serious Sam, recently redone with current gen graphics! Single player is okay, but coop play is where its at.

Please enter your age
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Used to be a slave to WoW, now I play a bit Modern Warfare 2 and Starcraft.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I sometimes think I am playing too much MW2, but then I see people online who are already prestige 10, while Im still crawling up to level 40 haha. Theres no way you can even hold down a job, let alone any kind of life outside the game at that rate.