Options

Dos error 85

BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok I know this one is slipping my brain, but.....

I had to purchase a printer last week for my company because our laser printer is dead and in between writing a proposal for a new laser, I purchased an hp deskjet to get by. Anyway I am running a 2000 environment with only two non W2K clients (98 and XP).

At first I had a horrible time trying to load the drivers for the printer connected via parallel cable. The server could not find the printer, yet when I installed universal drivers, ones already stored in Windows, I could print through the cable. At anyrate, I decided to switch to USB and plug and play found and installed the drivers.

Now that background is over here is the issue. I am running an inhouse Application that is Dos based. The print command that is used in the program is just a dos **** to lpt1 or 2. The 98 client has no problem since when I was able to map the printer 98 has automatic capturing. But on my other clients I have to use the "net use" command to map lpt1 to the printer. I did this from my test station and was able to print successfully to the printer. But when I went to capture the port from an actual client, I received an Error 85.

I guess I am asking, fastest way to correct this error and move on.

Thanks in advance.

Comments