Options

What certification would go best with CCNA maximum employability?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As has been pointed out a lot of places are not hiring for anything.

But a lot of not for profits are on the tipping point and need help. Get your resume and other information out. Volunteer your time for churches, soup kitchens, animal rescues, etc... Any of these might need help with any number of things ranging from server issues to networking.

You will never know until you start hitting the pavement.
    Yes, definitely do volunteer work.

The CIS program at my local community college has a required course where students do IT work for the local K-12 school district, the local library, and some other organizations. When I was in the program a few years ago, I saw many students obtain very good jobs using just their CIS AS degree and the experience from that course! Some were hired by the school district and the other organizations, while others got jobs through contacts gained while doing that work.

Also, one of my previous jobs was at a IT consulting company focused on smaller non-profits. The company's biggest client (~200 employees) was obtained after my boss (the company owner) volunteered to do a few small side jobs for the client!
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV