Options

Practice exam ? # 29

skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
29. You are the domain administrator at a large company. Your company uses a custom directory application for contact information. You want this application to be automatically installed when users from the Sales department log on to a computer. Which of the following should you do?

a. Assign the package to the computer accounts of the users in the Sales department.
b. Publish the package to the computer accounts of the users in the Sales department.
c. Assign the package to the user accounts of the users in the Sales department.
d. Publish the package to the user accounts of the users in the Sales department.

The correct answer is shown as C. I've had many similar ones on commercial practice exams, and they all say to assign it to each puter account so that irregardless of who logs on you can still use the application. I say either way sounds good in theory depending on your organization.

I've never had to do it in practice (we're not active directory yet...). Any thoughts?
I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    skully93 wrote:
    I've had many similar ones on commercial practice exams, and they all say to assign it to each puter account so that irregardless of who logs on you can still use the application.
    Similar perhaps, but obviously not the same...
    automatically installed when users from the Sales department log on
    hence, not "irregardless of who logs on" as you encountered in other questions.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    "irregardless" ???

Sigh.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lazyart wrote:
    "irregardless" ???

Sigh.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Shut up, I went to public school :)
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber