Options

Little engine that can

neil221211neil221211 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took 291 today for the second time and almost passed. Scored 656 out of 53 questions. Wasn't near as hard as the last time. Guess I need to hit the Transcenders a bit more. Hopefully will pass in a few weeks. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    I failed 291 the first time. I was waaay overconfident because of how much I studied, but I ended up getting a really hard exam. I ended up getting a 678. The questions were really lengthy and there were a lot of tricky scenarios. But on my second attempt I notice it was slightly easier and the questions were shorter as well. But yeah I'm sure you'll get it on your next try, since you were so close. DNS, RRAS and WSUS seems to be the meat of the exam, so just try to gain as much understanding of those as you can. Also continue with Trancender and lookup on Technet what you don't understand. Good luck :D.
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you have the MS press book for the 291 I highly suggest this method:
    Take about a week and do a MeasureUp test each day or close to each day. Do not think about the questions. If you do not know the answer simply skip it and go to the next. Print all you errors and study the answers (right and wrong) until you understand the topic well. Perform "mini-labs" based on the questions. After about a week of this begin taking your transcender exams. Take them like a normal test. Think about and consider the answers. Study your errors like you did before.

Two weeks of this should be enough to break 700 witha score like you had before.

The important thing is that you do the mini labs and you do them repeatedly!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also, if you have access to cbt nuggets review the weakes point after you do the labs, I notice that I paid more attention to some important points and details after I tried to understand why my question was wrong in the simulation exam.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A technique that worked well for me for this exam was to type all the chapter questions and notes up and review them each day.
  • Options
    neil221211neil221211 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all of the input from everyone. I've been using the 2277 & 2276 books to study for this exam. I just ordered the MS Press book so Im going to go that route. Probably more info in the MS Press book too. icon_study.gif