Options

Help: Upgrading IOS/ended up in Boot Loader

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
ARGH, hopefully I won't make this mistake again. I was trying to upgrade my 2950 with a newer image that has SSH capabilities. What I did was delete Flash directory not realizing that I couldn't follow this up by transferring over the newer IOS image to the NVRAM icon_rolleyes.gif Now I can't figure out how T.F.T.P. over the newer image to the Boot Loader. icon_redface.gif

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    your going to need to transfer via Xmodem, hope your not in a hurry icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    your going to need to transfer via Xmodem, hope your not in a hurry icon_smile.gif

I actually just figured that out.

ARGH, 45mins and counting icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    yep we've all done it once icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Did you increase the line con 0 speed?
  • Options
    ColbyNA wrote: »
    Did you increase the line con 0 speed?

Forgot that I could do that icon_lol.gif Bummer, ah well now I have SSH on my 2950!

I had two reason for wanting it, for learning and being able to practice with it from work!
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    You got your first exposure to xmodem, welcome to the club, lol. It suuuucks.