passed 70-643

passed with 861.
Some of the questions bordered on ridiculously easy while others were just confusing. Definitely brush up on hyper-v, ts and iis.
I don't really understand why WSS and Windows Media services were included in the exam objectives but they were tested, not extensively but you could probably get away with the details in the MS Press book for those areas. I would also recommend another resource on appcmd than the ms press book.

I used the mspress book, transcender, testout, cbt nuggets and train signal.
I highly recommend testout for this exam. I didn't really understand IIS until i saw the testout material. Their notes were fantastic as well.

I would strongly advise against using trainsignal for this exam. The videos lack depth and have quite a few errors. I sent them an email and told them that they should pull this video series from sale and re-do them.

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I felt the WSS questions I got were beyond scope, but thats because what I was asked was NOT covered in either Trainsignal or MS Press.

I felt the hyper-v questions were TERRIBLY worded and not even halfway answerable. This coming from a guy who passed the 70-652 in the 900s.

I do agree that Trainsignal series for this exam is terrible.
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I felt the WSS questions I got were beyond scope, but thats because what I was asked was NOT covered in either Trainsignal or MS Press.

I agree. If i mentioned the type of questions i got on WSS i would be breaking the NDA. Some of them were definitely out of scope from the MS exam objectives. Its annoying because only 14% of the exam covers WSS and Windows Media services but you still need to study it as much as the other topic areas because of the chance of getting some obscure question on those topics.
  • GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Strangely when I took this I did really badly on the Terminal Services section but well on WSS. A bit odd considering I would have said TS was my strong point before - some of the questions seemed really difficult.

Personally I found the 70-643 the hardest on the EA track but maybe that's just because I'm stronger in other areas.