Options

INE bootcamps marked way down!

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
Have to say, their new prices are insane. They must really be feeling the crunch.

Either way, its hard to find a 5day CCNA class for $2000, let alone a 6day CCIE camp. If you live in the states or UK, I would really try to swing this if I were you.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    Have to say, their new prices are insane. They must really be feeling the crunch.

Either way, its hard to find a 5day CCNA class for $2000, let alone a 6day CCIE camp. If you live in the states or UK, I would really try to swing this if I were you.

Not sure what you mean Rob. Could you shed some light please?
  • Options
    Opps, copy+paste works much better when you actually do it...

CCIE Routing & Switching Bootcamps

Regular 6day boot camp: $4000, on for $2000
    Regular 12day boot camp: $8000, on for $4000

So you can get a 6 day class, with rentals, for $2000 now. Also the online classes are marked down to $1000. Great way to kick off CCIE training while still being pretty affordable if you live near by.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    looks like they're heavily discounting there offerings :-

CCVP Bootcamp, CCVP Training | Internetwork Expert
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I jumped on the CCIE:Voice package last week – Technology and Lab workbooks, CCIE:V CoD, and the CCVP CoD series for $626. The CoD series aren’t complete yet but they keep adding videos. I think it was like an early bird special type thing.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    I fear that if the pass rates for the CCIE tracks do not pick up that some of the vendors will tank by this time next year. People are dropping out due to the difficulty and the vendors have been losing money due to illegal file sharing.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    I fear that if the pass rates for the CCIE tracks do not pick up that some of the vendors will tank by this time next year. People are dropping out due to the difficulty and the vendors have been losing money due to illegal file sharing.

100% agree. It became a saturated market really fast. Now with less companies with budget for this kind of thing (which I imagine accounts for most people attending), and people not wanting to stress the credit card for something like this, I bet they are really starting to see a decline in sales.
  • Options
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    100% agree. It became a saturated market really fast. Now with less companies with budget for this kind of thing (which I imagine accounts for most people attending), and people not wanting to stress the credit card for something like this, I bet they are really starting to see a decline in sales.

There has been a lot of thieving of vendor workbooks for a while now and this has cost them revenue. Most people attending will be through companies but I can only see an axe being taken to training budgets for the next couple of years. As for privately financed individuals like myself, money is tight. The number of 'I passed CCIE' emails on groupstudy has tanked so that will certainly put people off spending hard earned dough on training materials. I believe someone has passed it the last day or two but if we are only looking at 300 or so passes for the whole of 2010 I think the vendors will have to kiss goodbye to a lot of revenue. I hope they can ride it out but they may well be forced to earn more dough in the field and the training companies may fold as we know them. I imagine most of the revenue they generate comes from the wannable herds, many of whom buy the stuff on a whim and give up at some point. I imagine those buyers are backing off now.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't forget INE has amassed a training Dream Team -- and probably the payroll to match. So the instructors need to get butts in seats to cover their salary (and hopefully a nice %). And don't forget the supporting staff needs to get paid somehow.

The "record once and sell many times" Class on Demand should should be a money maker, but as has been mentioned, the stealing probably puts a hugh dent in those potential earnings.

What I find interesting is that Cisco now has their 360 program -- but then basically took the incomplete NMC offerings. The workbook is fine -- and I'm sure the bootcamps are top notch -- but the Video on Demand offerings are incomplete and of uneven quality..... Some of them go into extreme detail, which is good for the CCIE -- and then stop. I guess it's more like the "Paper Chace" where they teach you learn networking, rather than teach you all the networking. You take the "skills" from the parts they show you and extrapolate that into your study of the other 40-70% of the topic they don't cover -- or go to the bootcamp$.

NLI is reselling the Cisco360 (NMC) R&S workbook -- but that's probably because they will become the Cisco360 Voice product developer.

If ******************* <banned for spamming us from their UK office for Voice Bootcamps> becomes the Cisco360 Security product provider, I'll start to wonder what Internetwork Expert and IP Expert did to piss off Cisco.
    Turgon wrote: »
    I fear that if the pass rates for the CCIE tracks do not pick up that some of the vendors will tank by this time next year.
    I see that as a good thing -- the low pass rate. And hopefully Cisco will keep it that way by creating a few new troubleshooing scenarios each week to keep ahead of the **** camps and lab **** providers -- and hopefully those companies will all go out of business too.

The OEQ were a great idea when they were going to be verbal -- but their current execution of having trivia questions from a large (but probably finite and mostly non-changing pool) before the exam only boosts the ****/**** providers/users. The first question I tried on the IPExpert free OEQ app asked about "priority" -- and I freaked and gave the "STP answer" rather than the asked for "OSPF answer" icon_lol.gif I then also learned that while I knew that EIGRPv3 could load balance over up to 16 links, I hadn't noticed that 12.4T EIGRP had been upgraded to support load balancing over 16 links too -- so one "brain fart" and lack of 12.4T trivia study could cost me my lab in the first 30 minutes icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Don't forget INE has amassed a training Dream Team -- and probably the payroll to match. So the instructors need to get butts in seats to cover their salary (and hopefully a nice %). And don't forget the supporting staff needs to get paid somehow.

The "record once and sell many times" Class on Demand should should be a money maker, but as has been mentioned, the stealing probably puts a hugh dent in those potential earnings.

What I find interesting is that Cisco now has their 360 program -- but then basically took the incomplete NMC offerings. The workbook is fine -- and I'm sure the bootcamps are top notch -- but the Video on Demand offerings are incomplete and of uneven quality..... Some of them go into extreme detail, which is good for the CCIE -- and then stop. I guess it's more like the "Paper Chace" where they teach you learn networking, rather than teach you all the networking. You take the "skills" from the parts they show you and extrapolate that into your study of the other 40-70% of the topic they don't cover -- or go to the bootcamp$.

NLI is reselling the Cisco360 (NMC) R&S workbook -- but that's probably because they will become the Cisco360 Voice product developer.

If ******************* <banned for spamming us from their UK office for Voice Bootcamps> becomes the Cisco360 Security product provider, I'll start to wonder what Internetwork Expert and IP Expert did to piss off Cisco.

I see that as a good thing -- the low pass rate. And hopefully Cisco will keep it that way by creating a few new troubleshooing scenarios each week to keep ahead of the **** camps and lab **** providers -- and hopefully those companies will all go out of business too.

The OEQ were a great idea when they were going to be verbal -- but their current execution of having trivia questions from a large (but probably finite and mostly non-changing pool) before the exam only boosts the ****/**** providers/users. The first question I tried on the IPExpert free OEQ app asked about "priority" -- and I freaked and gave the "STP answer" rather than the asked for "OSPF answer" icon_lol.gif I then also learned that while I knew that EIGRPv3 could load balance over up to 16 links, I hadn't noticed that 12.4T EIGRP had been upgraded to support load balancing over 16 links too -- so one "brain fart" and lack of 12.4T trivia study could cost me my lab in the first 30 minutes icon_eek.gif

I agree with your sentiments. The trivia is marvellous, I cant wait to spend the rest of my life learning all of it ;)

We will just have to see how things pan out. I imagine the wage bill of some of the larger training shops is pretty steep.
  • Options
    I agree with the above, that maybe some of these places will just need to diversify more. A quintuple CCIE should have no problem finding consulting work (which I am sure they do) in between putting some time against various training products. Sure they get paid well, but obviously not well enough based on how long some of their products take to come out! (they=all vendors).
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Internetwork Expert Advanced Troubleshooting Bootcamp Class On Demand version EXISTS!!!

I've learned in the past just because the 3rd party workbook vendors let you buy something, doesn't mean it's actually available yet. My INE Rep got back to me, assured me the recordings exist, and gave me an extra 5% off incentive (added to the current 30% off) to order within the next 48 hours..... needless to say I played hard to get and waited almost 3 hours (and for a work break) before I ordered. icon_lol.gif

This bootcamp was recorded just before the October 18th Lab switch to v4. 3 days of classroom training and then 2 days lab time troubleshooting and going over the solutions. With the COD Version you get the 3 days of training videos, and then the 2 Day 4/5 videos are lab instructions and strategy videos. You get the labs and solutions to do and grade on your own.

The videos are chopped up into smaller chunks of about 30-50 minutes (with a couple 10 minute videos so far). In the past I've paused the "large lump" COD videos, and then had the connection time out and have to log back in and find my place in the video again. This will make it easier to watch a section and then do some lab time. I definitely like the editing better on this. And I made it through 1-1/2 days of videos yesterday/last night without having to log back in -- so that was nice.

Like the other INE CODs, this is split between the lecture and lab demo. The lecture PDFs are available to download and print for reference and note taking -- which lets you focus on the class material.

The INE Audio Bootcamp by Scott Morris still doesn't have the MPLS or Troubleshooting audios yet -- even though there was a post at one point on their web site about them all being available by the end of October or November.... hopefully they are just running late and didn't really mean October or November 2010. icon_lol.gif

Update: The day 5 video is a single 5 hour lump (with the 10-15 breaks recorded) that is a walk through of the Lab Solutions. The 3 Labs cover "easy" and "medium" troubleshooting -- and there was a mention that the real troubleshooting lab section would have a few "hard" tasks. The 4th Lab which was promised is in the downloads and should be some practice "hard" troubleshooting tasks.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!