Options

Completely non-computer topic........

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
RED SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gif
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't care about popular sports or whatnot, but after 80+ years, THAT IS COOL!

Good for them! I was tired of the Yankees and Cubs :).
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    hell froze over.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    icon_scratch.gif wow..Red Sox are normal now? I was up pretty late last night.
  • Options
    PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Whos the red sox and whats a world series? Do all teams compete in it or just americans? If its the latter, then its not really a world series is it?
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    paul1975 wrote:
    Do all teams compete in it or just americans? If its the latter, then its not really a world series is it?

Good point!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes it is a world series . Reason being is there are non-american players on most, if not every team. The MLB is just an american made business/Sport with all teams being owned by americans. So naturally the events are held in the american market.
  • Options
    The rest of the world doesn't have baseball the same way we do. The same as your football, we call it soccer, and it's not popular, at all. In fact, reruns of news get more ratings than soccer in the US. It all depends on where you live, and what you watch. I do however, believe, that someday, we may have a real World Series. I'm open to international competition. And right now, while it may not be a lot to you, approximately 29% of all pro players were born outside our borders.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think 29% is a lot indeed. Regardless, I think it is rightfully called the World Series anyway. If any club outside the US would have any chance I'm sure american baseball clubs would be interested in the competition, just like with football (not soccer), which is becoming more international then ever before (i.e. the Amsterdam Admirals ;) ).
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LMAO

OK guys - I'm an American who has seen both sides of the coin. Calling it the World Series is just totally pretentious in my opinion, but outsiders have to realise that it has been called that for so long now that it is never going to change. Back when the series started the US was the only nation that player it so whichever team won could rightfully be called the world champs.
    However - watch a soccer match at Nou Camp or Maracana or the San Siro and you will realise just what is the world game icon_wink.gif Down in this country Rugby is the passion of the land and up in that red dustbowl known as Australia the game is League or ' Rules.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    i.e. the Amsterdam Admirals ;) ).

Is that an NFL-Europe team, or from an indie league?
  • Options
    Is that an NFL-Europe team, or from an indie league?

Yeah NFL-Europe. I'm not actively following their moves, but they used to be almost all americans. To help us get a good start. icon_wink.gif Although they should have brought some of those cheerleaders with them...

icon_arrow.gifwww.nfleurope.com/admirals
  • Options
    Hey, the cheerleaders are a requirement right? NFL-Europe is sort of like a minor league NFL. It's where all the developmental players, and unsigned draftees wind up. It's also good for rehab assisnments. Unfortuantly, it's also where all the bozos go, like Lawrence Phillips. Great running back, just couldn't stay away from drugs, drinking, and the associated troubles that come with both. Oh well, Go Admirals!!!
  • Options
    Hey Johan, I just checked that site......I suppose with only six teams, the season is already over...oh well...and as far as cheerleaders......The Admirals homepage shows some pretty nice looking cheerleaders......I just couldn't read the Dutch.....I did use the Alta Vista service, but it only helped a bit...
  • Options
    Hey, the cheerleaders are a requirement right? NFL-Europe is sort of like a minor league NFL. It's where all the developmental players, and unsigned draftees wind up. It's also good for rehab assisnments. Unfortuantly, it's also where all the bozos go, like Lawrence Phillips. Great running back, just couldn't stay away from drugs, drinking, and the associated troubles that come with both. Oh well, Go Admirals!!!
    icon_lol.gif Somehow that doesn't sound suprising... oh well, I think an unsigned developmental cripple drunk bozo under the influence of drugs might not do bad at all in Amsterdam. Go Admirals!!!
    The Admirals homepage shows some pretty nice looking cheerleaders......I just couldn't read the Dutch.....I did use the Alta Vista service, but it only helped a bit...
    There's a UK flag on that homepage which will transfer you to the English version ;)
  • Options
    There's a UK flag on that homepage which will transfer you to the English version ;)

Yeah, but that's just the NFL Europe homepage for us Americans. Each teams "official" website is in their respective language. There's no cheerleaders on the UK page!!!
    Somehow that doesn't sound suprising... oh well, I think an unsigned developmental cripple drunk bozo under the influence of drugs might not do bad at all in Amsterdam.
    Hee Hee......yup.
  • Options
    Oops, my mistake. I thought it went to the english version of the entire site but it is just an article about the admirals. Sorry, no English version cheerleaders ;) (I was referring to the cl's of the week at the Dutch version btw.)
  • Options
    Hey, I don't need words to see the pictures!!!
  • Options
    :D yeah true, I wasn't implying you do (I was referring to a menu option and article of the 'of the week' section, not the pictures itself.)