Options

A+ books

thickSkinthickSkin Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi

I am planning to embark on the A+ certification (IT Technician). I would therefore like recommendations regarding some real good self study guides. Can someone who has been succesful in the exam recommend some books please?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    CompTIA A+ 2006 Edition

"The existing CompTIA A+ 600 series exams remain relevant and are in use by organizations and educational institutions throughout the world. The English version of these exams will retire in the U.S., Canada and South Africa on February 28, 2010. The English version will retire in the U.K., Australia and New Zealand on August 31, 2010. The educational versions of these exams (JK0-601, JK0-602, JK0-603 and JK0-604), as well as the German, Korean, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese translations of the 220-601 through 220-604 CompTIA A+ exams, will remain in the market for use until August 31, 2010."

If you are going for this one then the Mike Myers All-In-One Sixth Edition is a good book to use.

CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition

Otherwise you'd want to get one of the 2009 edition books. Good luck!
  • Options
    thickSkinthickSkin Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your respones and the heads up did not know that that there was now a compTIA A+ 2009.
  • Options
    AzretAzret Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would get the Sybex book. It was simple to go through, the test engine is similar to that of taking the actual test. I used it to pass my A+ last week, however, I was very well versed in end user support and computer building long before I considered taking this exam.

Here is the link:
    Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-701 (Essentials) and 220-702 (Practical Application) (978047048649icon_cool.gif: Quentin Docter, Emmett Dulaney, Toby Skandier: Books
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? :bs:
  • Options
    KeeganJacobsKeeganJacobs Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CompTIA A+ 2006 Edition

"The existing CompTIA A+ 600 series exams remain relevant and are in use by organizations and educational institutions throughout the world. The English version of these exams will retire in the U.S., Canada and South Africa on February 28, 2010. The English version will retire in the U.K., Australia and New Zealand on August 31, 2010. The educational versions of these exams (JK0-601, JK0-602, JK0-603 and JK0-604), as well as the German, Korean, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese translations of the 220-601 through 220-604 CompTIA A+ exams, will remain in the market for use until August 31, 2010."

If you are going for this one then the Mike Myers All-In-One Sixth Edition is a good book to use.

CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition

Otherwise you'd want to get one of the 2009 edition books. Good luck!

Are you saying the english version will not be available in the USA ? You mean the 701 and 702 A+ certification in english ? If so then i wont even bother buying the book since i only have a month left.
  • Options
    curtisdaleycurtisdaley Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The exam objectives get updated every so often, 2 - 3 years typically, so what is going to happen the 2009/10 ones will come out, i.e the new exam will be published!
  • Options
    camit34camit34 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Came here to find a good book suggestion and found this. Is the test changing and therefore the books will need to change? Should we wait for the new books?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    camit34 wrote: »
    Came here to find a good book suggestion and found this. Is the test changing and therefore the books will need to change? Should we wait for the new books?

Please begin your own thread for your question when it differs from the OP question.

But the texts and exams are always being updated. When will you be scheduling your exam? That will be more of a deciding factor.
    And the books do not typically become useless...you'd simply need to compare the previous verison with the current objectives and do a little research on your own to fill in the gap (if any).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?