Lost console output while studying, ARGH!

fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
While studying hard yesterday I apparently disable or hosed up the console port. Today when I powered up the router I get no output and can't login, and to add insult to injury I didn't set any vty's. The router appears to post fine. I've tried differant COM settings to no avail. Is there a way to recover from this unfortunate mistake?

The router is a 2610.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Did you try sending breaks during startup? Then you can try the same method as with password recovery for a 2600 and configure the router to bypass the startup config.
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you haven't modified the aux port setttings, you can connect to the aux port the same way you connect to the console port.

Were you trying to change the speed of the console? You can set it to default if you open up the lid and set the reset jumper; this will set the console baud to 9600. Usually, when there is a console speed mismatch you will get garbage on the console, so there may be something else wrong. A config setting should not stop you from seeing the boot procedure.

Getting absolutely nothing in the console usually dictates a problem during post.