Options

tips for a 15 year-old ADHD kid about to take 70-270

eruistoeruisto Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey... im 15 (yes, im 15) and i have a SEVERE case of ADHD (but sometimes i wonder if it's just H...icon_wink.gif lol) nah... just kidding... its not THAT bad... but i still have a hard time concentrating... im about to take the 70-270 test on saturday, and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some pointers/techniques of taking the test... im studying my @$$ off for the next 2 days. ive never taken any final cert. test before... so any help would be welcome...
My philosophy on life:

"That which does not kill us makes us stonger... or leaves us weaker for the next thing that wants to kill us... and the next... and the next..."
--ME

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    RedBull angel.gif They give you wiings
  • Options
    garv221 wrote:
    RedBull angel.gif They give you wiings

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    icon_lol.gif

thats funny... i dont like red bull though... you know whats good? bawls... that stuff cool. but i dont need that, i need to CALM DOWN!!! not get MORE HYPER!!! but i wouldnt mind flying icon_wink.gif
    My philosophy on life:

"That which does not kill us makes us stonger... or leaves us weaker for the next thing that wants to kill us... and the next... and the next..."
    --ME
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    Yeah Bawls rocks! Nothing like downing several bottles of that on a 15 hours road trip after an exhaustive weekend of LAN Gaming!

Off-Topic.
  • Options
    i noticed it was off topic... 15 hour road trip? where did you play?
    My philosophy on life:

--ME
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hhisgett wrote:
    Yeah Bawls rocks! Nothing like downing several bottles of that on a 15 hours road trip after an exhaustive weekend of LAN Gaming!

Off-Topic.

NICE!!!!

icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

What did you play and where did you play???

I'm a Unreal Tournament Fan.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    viper75 wrote:
    hhisgett wrote:

Off-Topic.

NICE!!!!

yeah... unreal's pretty awesome...
    My philosophy on life:

--ME
  • Options
    I rock that game online...

I like low grav 135 all weapons.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
  • Options
    eruisto wrote:
    hey... im 15 (yes, im 15) and i have a SEVERE case of ADHD (but sometimes i wonder if it's just H...icon_wink.gif lol) nah... just kidding... its not THAT bad... but i still have a hard time concentrating... im about to take the 70-270 test on saturday, and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some pointers/techniques of taking the test... im studying my @$$ off for the next 2 days. ive never taken any final cert. test before... so any help would be welcome...

Ok man young buck. I have a question for you, but at the same time I'm going voice my opinion ok.

You're only 15 years old. Why are you interested in gettting certified???

Some one like you should not need to worry about certifications at such a young age. You should be thinking about hanging with friends and thinking about girls.

I have lots of respect for you wanting to do this, but what will this cert. get you??? I know you're not doing this cert. to try to get a job. So there has to be another reason why you want to do this. Personal fulfillment???

By the time that you're old enough to get a job in IT that Cert. will be
    out-dated and will be worth nothing.

The reason why you see so many of us here with Certs. is either we're already working in the field or are about to enter the field and must be marketable to stand a chance in the IT field.

IMO...you should just go out and do what kids your age did 5-6 years ago. That's riding your bike to ice cream shop, going to the park, play video games and all that good stuff. Have all the fun now because before you know it, it will all be over icon_cry.gif

If you're going to go for the cert. then I wish you good luck, but remember you're on 15 and for you there are a bunch of other things to worry about instead of studying for a cert. exam that will not get you a job.

I would do just about anything to be your age again. No worries...living free...no bills...man, I do remember those days...it was a great time. You would definitely not catch me worrying about taking cert exams at your age.

Anyway...
    I hope that you did not take any of this the wrong way. I'm just stating my opinion about your situation. icon_wink.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Viper is right! You only get one Childhood. My dad told me something when i was young. He said " You better enjoy life now because before you know it your going to be working for the rest of your life!
    ***Give you alot of credit for going after that cert though.
    Good luck buddy! :D
  • Options
    allylaurenteallylaurente Member Posts: 131
    this is hot... :D
    "...don't wait for miracles, be the miracle" - Bruce Almighty
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Hi eruisto!

Best of luck on the exam!

I would encourage you to complete the exam now that you've started. It's not something that 15-year-old geeks can boast of.

You evidently like IT things. But, too, spend time away from the PC and enjoy friendship and family. At 15, the times that you spend with friends will be some of your best remembrances--and some of your most embarassing(sure that there's an overlap there).

But, relax the best that you can. At least you know your enemy--this ADHD. If you're able to study for this exam, then you can surely sit for it and pass. An exam is an exam is an exam, etc. Some are tougher than others. You'll have a lot more exams to take, so take 'em one at a time--just like any other challenge.

Again, best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    mobri09 wrote:
    My dad told me something when i was young. He said " You better enjoy life now because before you know it your going to be working for the rest of your life!

Thats funny, the older I get the smarter my dad gets.. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    this is hot... :D

???
    CCNP Security - DONE!
  • Options
    eruisto wrote:
    i noticed it was off topic... 15 hour road trip? where did you play?

In Monroe Louisiana. I live in South Carolina. The gaming clan I belong to hosted a pretty big LAN event.
  • Options
    viper75 wrote:

NICE!!!!

Played Counter Strike, Battlefield Vietnam, Unreal Tournament, and lots of others. Played in Monroe Louisiana
  • Options
    ok... this is to everyone that said something about being a kid and not doing the cert...

first of all... i spent like 1200 dollars on the course to take the test... so im doing anyway...

second, i did this partially for a job (plus, being MCP Certified at 15 would look really great on my resume) and partially for personal fulfillment... i was also going to start my own business fixing my friends comps. (it never happended) it wasnt a REAL business... more like "give me money and ill fix ur comp" (i also built custom comps)

third, i just thought the idea that being certified was really cool... plus i get a cool shiny card that says im cert.

fourth, i was REALLY good with comps anyway, and i had nothing to do with the knowledge.. (aka, i was bored), so i thought some kind of course was good, and i would be certified in the process....

OOOOKKK.... sooo... now that thats out of the way...
    thanks janmike for the help + somewhat of an agreeance with me... idk... but any more help would be good (dont take it the wrong way janmike... im not saying that ur help wasnt useful...)
    My philosophy on life:

--ME
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I know 15 is young, but it's better to start early than late! I am 27 and wished I started when I was younger I wasted many years!!! Go for it dude, it won't hurt! Girl's will come later when your making that money!!! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    D-boy wrote:
    Girl's will come later when your making that money!!! icon_wink.gif
    ncool.gif Gold Diggers. We can all do without'em.
  • Options
    garv221 wrote:
    D-boy wrote:
    Girl's will come later when your making that money!!! icon_wink.gif
    ncool.gif Gold Diggers. We can all do without'em.

yes we can... i've only had 2 girlfriends (with my 2nd right now) so i probably shouldnt be talking form experience (or lack thereof) but even the idea of doing that is quite mean/not right
    My philosophy on life:

--ME
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    eruisto wrote:
    ok... this is to everyone that said something about being a kid and not doing the cert...

second, i did this partially for a job (plus, being MCP Certified at 15 would look really great on my resume) and partially for personal fulfillment... i was also going to start my own business fixing my friends comps. (it never happened) it wasnt a REAL business... more like "give me money and ill fix ur comp" (i also built custom comps)

Isn't it almost tragic how kids (sorry, that's what you are when you are 15, nothing wrong with it though, in contrary...) misunderstand the advice given to them. "Son, finish your school, get an education" "school is the best time of your life" "I wish I had your age". Life may seem to go fast when you are 15 but it is nothing compared to the pace when you're twice or three times that age. The advice from the previous posters is all meant well, and often based on personal regrets (which ALL adults have). I for one wish I'd followed up on the advice of 'elders'...

But I have a lot of respect for 'kids with certs' (and wizzkids in general), I'm not sure why actually, probably has something to do with the fact I started out very young myself. Nevertheless, $1200? Unless you are Richie Rich, aren't there a million other (as in better) things a 15 year old person can do with $1200?

Personally, I'd see it as a plus if I interview someone who got certified at that age (shows the person has a lot of interest and ambition, which I consider valuable) but trust me, it won't "look really great" on your resume for a lot of other people.

But hey, that's just my humble opinion. What's more important is what you want to do. If getting professional IT certifications is one of your dreams, I wish you al the best in fulfilling it.

And to try and respond to your initial question: have you also been diagnosed with ADD? (I know most ADHD's are) If that's the case, you should be able to hyperfocus, which you can actually use to your advantage. The trick is usually to focus on small portions and allow yourself to become distracted once in a while (as in don't fight it, try to regulate it) and play some video games (I read it works well to get rid of some of that energy.)

Good luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    thanks... btw, i didnt pay for it, my parents did, and it took the course at a really good local college and was taught by professionals...
    webmaster wrote:
    If getting professional IT certifications is one of your dreams, I wish you al the best in fulfilling it.
    actually, my original goal was to be in the IT/comp repair field of work... but now im aiming more for CAD and graphics design... i just want to finish this up. i probably will do some more certs in the future just for fun and/or job opportunities

thanks on the ADD help, btw i was diagnosed when i was 5...ish... idk. i agree, ive used the hyperfocusing and it works for me... plus i get to play video games when im supposed to be doin homework icon_wink.gif...
    webmaster wrote:
    Good luck tomorrow!
    thanks... i forgot to tell you guys... im resceduling for next weekend... some things came up and i cant take it... i might actually take it thursday, as i have no school for teachers convention.
    My philosophy on life:

--ME