Options

DHS Cybersecurity Virtual Job Fair

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Got this in my inbox the other day and maybe some might be interested in it:

DHS Jobs

Maybe someone could get hired and give us an inside view of IT @ DHS.
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sucks they are looking for GS-12 and above....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    I think that they are describing that the payscale for these positions is GS12-15 (we have a few 15's where I work, you should see their houses... lol). Not that they are only looking for GS12+ current govt employees.

I could be reading it wrong though, or saw something different than you did.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    No you are right, what I meant is they expect a lot of experience/education to be hired at those levels.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I applied before and got the "you are qualified" generic email for some window of opportunity but never got called. The closest DHS facility for me is an over an hour away....
  • Options
    My feeling is most of these positions will be in the DC/VA/MD area as DHS has just built a cyber security center in the area.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    What do you mean by "inside view"? I can probably answer any questions that you have.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    My feeling is most of these positions will be in the DC/VA/MD area as DHS has just built a cyber security center in the area.
    Yep, you'll most likely end up living in VA to work for or with the DoD or USG.