My CIssp experience

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
So after having to reschedule the test, I took it today in Dallas at the Marriot hotel in Addison/ north Dallas. I live about 200 miles away from here so had to stay over night at the hotel,

The hotel was top notch, but pricey. I studied around a year or so, taking some prolonged breaks for work related stuff etc. I used cbt nuggets minimally, All-in-one shon harris mostly, Exam cram for spot review, transcender for random drills and practice test.

After all this time I felt like I had come along way, but felt like app security was my weakest area, this was no surprise since I am not a programmer, I have been involved with some app testing and design related stuff but not nuts and bolts.

So my worst fear would have been drawing an exam booklet that was heavy in this area, and BAM thats exactly what happend, almost no crypto, little network telecom, little operations, little phyiscal security. Even with this being the case I don't think I bombed it, I was able to eliminate alot of questions down to two answers, but felt like alot of these 50/50 situations were open for interpretation, I always feel this way about IT exams and always wish they would do a better job of clearly defining what their asking for.

So I think its close either way and really feel I may have passed it, but I felt good going in and If I had drawn any other book I think I would have no doubts.

So here is a funny story about why I got this particular book, I sat where I did (which caused me to get this book) because I ran into a guy that I was instrumental in getting fired about a 1.5 years ago, I caught him abusing his admin privelages and reported him, so I sat as far from his as possible.

The funny thing about this guy though is he worked under me then and he couldn't understand subnetting, we would go to one building on another lan and he would be trying to put in a gateway for the main office, he an extremly limited knowledge of networking, not making fun of him because we all start somewhere, but in the course of us getting rid of him I found out he uses a degree from a diploma mill and is a brain dumper, so my point is I know this guy is no where near the experience requirments to actually get fully certified and without **** I know he has ZERO chance of passing this exam, should I report this?

P.s I know for a fact he was sitting the Cissp not sscp or something

Comments

• carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    I took mine today. Hopefully we both passed :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    slinuxuzer wrote: »
    ...so my point is I know this guy is no where near the experience requirments to actually get fully certified and without **** I know he has ZERO chance of passing this exam, should I report this?
    Unless you have hard evidence or reliable witnesses that he is, in fact, cheating on the exam, I would say that there's nothing for you to report. I have yet to hear of a **** that is helpful with passing the CISSP exam; relying on **** will actually hurt a candidate's chance of passing because of his/her increased reliance on bad information. And further, dumping won't help anyone meet the experience requirements needed to become CISSP certified.
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea, now that I rethink some of the exam questions, your right. Especially about some specific questions I can think of, I won't go into details to protect the Nda, but the cissp has some very unique ways of evaluating knowledge that I can only assume are targeted countering brain ****. Good point JD.