Don't give up!

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
Well I was laid off at my previous job due to cut backs back on Nov. 2nd while I was out on vacation. I find out by trying to VPN to work and not being able to get in. Then I tried getting access to e-mail and various other things all where giving me access denied. So I call into work and an hour later they call me back and tell me I was laid off due to cut backs along with 28 other people.

I have been putting in resume's ever since then with no luck till about 2 weeks ago. I get a call from a local university that I applied at. I go in and interview and was there for over an hour and the interview went very well. I was even able to answer the tricky questions they thought would trip me up. I was the first of 6 to be interviewed. At the end of the interview they said I did very well and I should here from them at the end of this past week. After the interview was over I waited a day and sent them an e-mail thanking them for the opportunity to speak with them and let them know I would be an asset to the company.(The e-mail idea came from techexams.net forums) Well at the end of last week I got an e-mail from the director that interviewed me saying that this week sometime we should all hear back from them with their decision.

I had been praying to find something soon cause bills are stacking up. I also have a serious knee issue that I had to go into the doctor for last Thursday. $600 later they still don't know whats wrong with it. Having no insurance sucks! So I had an interview for today and as I am driving to it I get a call from the director and I was offered the position. I am now making more than my previous job that I was laid off from and have way better benefits. I feel so lucky and grateful that this came at this time. To all of you out there. Keep your chin up and keep at it. Something will come.

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Great news, it's a fantastic success story.icon_smile.gif

It's good to hear when things work out.
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Never give up because you are the only one who can make that dream come true.icon_lol.gif
  • Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, you were able to do it because you kept on trying.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome news and Congrats! :)
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Never give up because you are the only one who can make that dream come true.icon_lol.gif

Very very true!

Congrats man! Sometimes, we just need that push to get to the next step. If you had not been laid off, I assume you would still be at your old position.

Out of curiosity, what will you be doing? What kind of technology will you have access to? I just like to hear what others are doing, and what they hope to be doing :)
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

It's always great to hear good news :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    That is a really good story, especially at this time of year when people are very unlikely to find a new (non-retail) job. A nice gift from Santa! icon_santa.gif
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for all the replies. I will be working with a full Cisco network, server 03 PDC, server 08 servers, and solaris servers. It will be nice to finally work in this kind of environment where everything is newer and they have a better budget. I am really happy for this opportunity. Everyone out there looking keep at it and don't give up.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats man !!

I had knee issues four years ago, and no doctor could figure out what was wrong...til la friend of mine suggested that I wrap it with something that keep it warm ! turned out it was all because of the cold weather back then !

Good luck to you :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• telco1telco1 Banned Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□

yeah dont give up, unless you live in southern california. Ive been laid off twice this year.

there are no jobs out here. icon_sad.gif
  • thatguy85thatguy85 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great success story!! It just goes to show you that hard work DOES pay off! It must be a great feeling knowing that all those hours of studying have finally amounted to a better life.
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Congrats dude....
  • jonfc3sjonfc3s Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! A thank you letter post-interview is something a lot of people never think about, but very important in my opinion.

Great job!
  • TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congrats! nice work.
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4