Options

Got a new job today so happy

Hey guys over the last couple of months you might as seen posts about me losing my job.

Well today I have got a new job in a really good company that looks after newspaper such as Express and star and others as well as magazines :)

I will start as a trainee for 6 months to learn more about Unix and Linux they still have windows etc. What I love about about this new job is there is no 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support which means I will get a chance to do server builds etc.

Once I finish as a trainee I will get a 5k rise and once I get my degree which I am half way through I will get another. Losing my job was the best thing to happen to me I will earning more money as a trainee then i did at my last place.

I plan to make the most of this position and within the company. Over 100 applied and only 3 was interview I was the only brought back for a second interview and was offer the job on the spot.

Have a great Christmas Everyone :D

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats dude. Sounds like a good gig. You can use a diverse job like this as your "breakout" position. You will be well positioned in a couple of years to land a really nice admin role somewhere.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the new job :)

-Ken
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    blargoe wrote: »
    Congrats dude. Sounds like a good gig. You can use a diverse job like this as your "breakout" position. You will be well positioned in a couple of years to land a really nice admin role somewhere.

Yeah I know what you mean I know there interested in somebody who wants a career there which I am interested in. I could make a very good living there and everyone seems polite etc it was really interested to see in the area where all the newspaper are printed.

Lets just say I would'nt want to be person trying to look for a paper jam.

What I looking forwarded to getting to learn and linux, unix and doing programming and learning more about sql.

I already have a good knowledge about windows/etc due my last job
  • Options
    maz123maz123 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Work hard and work honestly.
    BR,
    MAZ
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Glad to hear things are looking up for the members of TE. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new job and good luck
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing your good news. Glad to hear it.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    thomas130 wrote: »
    Hey guys over the last couple of months you might as seen posts about me losing my job.

Well today I have got a new job in a really good company that looks after newspaper such as Express and star and others as well as magazines :)

I will start as a trainee for 6 months to learn more about Unix and Linux they still have windows etc. What I love about about this new job is there is no 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support which means I will get a chance to do server builds etc.

Once I finish as a trainee I will get a 5k rise and once I get my degree which I am half way through I will get another. Losing my job was the best thing to happen to me I will earning more money as a trainee then i did at my last place.

I plan to make the most of this position and within the company. Over 100 applied and only 3 was interview I was the only brought back for a second interview and was offer the job on the spot.

Have a great Christmas Everyone :D

Good lad. Congratulations. Now knuckle down in this job and learn as much as you can. Your first few months are vital as that is when impressions are set. Concentrate on the work handed to you without being sidetracked by surfing the web and studying certifications on the works dollar. Keep that stuff up but on your own time.
  • Options
    GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the job. :)
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Way to go man :) Let us know how it goes!
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nice! i like to hear great stories before Christmas time! im sure your family is very proud and happy for you. Congrats!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    That is great news, best of luck on your new job.
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Congrats, and Merry Christmas!
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Congrats and what a great christmas present for you.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    drainey wrote: »
    Congrats and what a great christmas present for you.

Yeah it is and now got the chance to take my IT career where I want it to be :)
  • Options
    Well I have done two days at my new job it's going quite well this job will definitely allow me the chance to really bring up my IT skills.
    • I need to now start training myself and they will teach me Unix and Linux and doing all the scripting.
    • They have a lot of macs which they are getting out for windows the good thing for this is I have been able to so how them to fix some things.
    • I will also get the chance to starting playing with Cisco Switches and Routers good news I have done my ccna and going ccnp next year.
    • Will also get the chance to start building workstation and servers which I have already done workstation at my old place.
    • Looking after dns etc
    What I love about the job I don't have to bother with call logging while some might find this a step back I hated having to log a call about a stupid problem giving out call references. Overtime is very good too you can just tell them you want to work over to finish stuff and they will just pay you.