Options

Wanted: Dead or Alive. Security+

RedneckTechRedneckTech Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good morning all,

RedNeckTech here, been lurking for a bit of time now but I have recently put my foot forward and am fixin to get Security+ certified. I bought the newest Sybex book and have many friends who have their older notes from when they took it as well, so I hope this is a good foundation to start. I'm A+ and Network+ certified so I also hope that will help in my studies. I've recently been reading a lot of Help Wanted signs for technicians and a lot of them require you to get the Security+ within six months of being hired. I think thats a great step for business as well.
So wish me luck, I'm asking forgiveness now ahead of time as I may ask questions that I cannot find using the search tool or dumb questions that may or may not have anything to do with a topic...

RedneckTech

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good morning all,

RedNeckTech here, been lurking for a bit of time now but I have recently put my foot forward and am fixin to get Security+ certified. I bought the newest Sybex book and have many friends who have their older notes from when they took it as well, so I hope this is a good foundation to start. I'm A+ and Network+ certified so I also hope that will help in my studies. I've recently been reading a lot of Help Wanted signs for technicians and a lot of them require you to get the Security+ within six months of being hired. I think thats a great step for business as well.
    So wish me luck, I'm asking forgiveness now ahead of time as I may ask questions that I cannot find using the search tool or dumb questions that may or may not have anything to do with a topic...

RedneckTech

Good luck! The Network+ will definitely help as a foundation.