ARCH exam passed, IMHO

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed the ARCH (642-873) exam. It was an interesting layout, pretty well rounded but some questions really caught me off gaurd.

I used the Self-Study guide by cisco Press.

Hurray, I am now a CCDP.

I sort of derailed a bit from the NP studies, I have ISCW and ONT left to go, But I just had to get more of the design after seeing what i could do with my BCMSN labs at home..I was inspired.

I encourage anyone who would really like a more well-rounded p.o.v about cisco networking to explore the design track.

I found that in the six phases of the cisco design methodology the PPDIOO network lifecycle.,

P - Prepare, P - Plan, D - Design, I- Implement, O - Operate, O - Optimize

The first 3 are really the most important for any environment, and i found that, that is what the ARCH exam really focused on...(duhh) the first 3.

So with that said the NP captures the last 3 but a failure in the first 3 steps P,P,D and the last three would be wasted effort in my opinion. Afterall nobody wants to implement, operate and optimize a BAD network design.

***But here's the thing in my experience, network engineers do it all the time, why, because they dont know what is GOOD and acceptable design.

IMHO the Design track is a great compliment for the complete network professional.

Thanks for reading guys.

Kenny.
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Did you schedule the exam for today to have a better reason to drunken_smilie.gif tonight? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Also, thanks for the info. icon_thumright.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A belated congrats and totally agree about the design perspective. It kinda brings it all together.....icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Great job! so do you agree with a lot of people that the design path is boring? was it really that nasty to absorb?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    Those are wise words about design, my friend. I agree! I picked up the DA studying when I had to design a network for work :)
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    Here we go again with mike celebrating drunken_smilie.gif I think he works for Jack Daniels (My preference) and runs this forum to encourage us LOL to celebrate - like we need a reason HAHAHAHA

And enough of the design stuff being boring icon_rolleyes.gif I do it everyday on my job when I am not playing engineering manager. I find it to be fun and interesting and always different. Designing a network for a customer and then seeing it implemented and operating brings alot of satisfaction, of course when it doesnt go smooth welllllllllllll you know lots of sleepless nights
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    And enough of the design stuff being boring icon_rolleyes.gif I do it everyday on my job when I am not playing engineering manager. I find it to be fun and interesting and always different. Designing a network for a customer and then seeing it implemented and operating brings alot of satisfaction, of course when it doesnt go smooth welllllllllllll you know lots of sleepless nights

Oh, I don't doubt that actually doing the design is fulfilling.

Studying for the material, I can think of a few things I'd have rather done, and some of those things involves bodily pain.