Options

cisco cco account

mlucasonemlucasone Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a cisco guest account. How do I get a cco account? Do I need to buy something from cisco to get access? I see my last question about getting an ios was closed. I apologize if any of this is not allowed. I just don't want to use outdated ios versions.
Have AS electronic systems technology
Have Security+

Will finish B.S. in Technical Management mid 2010

Working towards CCNA certification.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mlucasone wrote: »
    I have a cisco guest account. How do I get a cco account? Do I need to buy something from cisco to get access? I see my last question about getting an ios was closed. I apologize if any of this is not allowed. I just don't want to use outdated ios versions.

I think you have to either be a cisco partner or have a crazy amount of money icon_wink.gif. I was given a cisco account by my company.

Do you work for a cisco partner?
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    You need the device you are using to be covered under a current SmartNet contract.
  • Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    I don't know how much it is, but you'd be better off just getting into a Cisco Networking Academy for the amount of money they'd probably want for a contract. So then you can use Packet Tracer for practice.

I technically work for a cisco gold partner myself, but unfortunately I don't work in IT, yet anyway, I make water filters at GE, lol
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • Options
    HighspadeHighspade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The SMARTNet contract for my 861w is $50/year. Not a bad price to pay for a cco account.