Options

HyperV: CSV Locks up all other nodes?

hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
Trying to set up a very basic Hyper-V Failover Cluster on R2...Hyper-V alone works fine, just having trouble with CSV.

- Fresh load of 2 almost identical core i7 servers (Enterprise R2 Full version).
- Joined domain, set static IPs, disabled UAC, disabled firewall, added HV role and FC feature.
- Using starwind (latest version) for iSCSI in the lab.
- Set up a 1 gig quorum disk, brought it online (tried MBT, GPT - same issue), formatted it (NTFS with defaults).
- Set up a 10 gig VM disk, brought it online, formatted it, etc...
- Created a cluster with 2 nodes.
- Cluster Validation reports everything ok.
- Enabled CSV.
- Changed my 10 gig VM disk to be a CSV.

Here's where the problem happens:
- Try to access c:\clusterstorage\volume1 -- it only works from whatever node has ownership. If node1 has ownership, node1 can create a VM just fine, but node2 will lock up. Same problem happens the other way. If node2 has ownership, node1 will lock up when trying to create a VM.

The only way to unlock the other node is to take the disk offline and bring it back, or stop the Failover Cluster service and restart it. Needless to say: i can't create a VM on the CSV because the other node just locks up.

If i try to browse c:\clusterstorage\volume1 in explorer on node 1 and node1 has ownership, it works. Trying to browse this same path on node2 locks up explorer. Vice versa if node2 is owner.

Surely I'm missing something. This can't be a bug. Any advice?