Dynamic PPPOe and Static PPPoe

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
what's the difference between Dynamic PPPoe and static. To my understanding Dynamic does not require input of IP on a router and static requires you to input IP adress. My ISP is using PPPoe based connection and we are given a static IP. this makes me think If I need to change it to Static PPPoe, it's working fine with dynamic PPPoe but I'm curious to know if there's a gain in performance and stability if I change it to Static PPPoe. Btw, I'm using d-link DIR-100 router. TIA.
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In my region, many of our remote offices where leased lines are not practical are on DSL with static or as the telco's here likes to call them "sticky" IP's. The PPPoE configuration for us at least across two different telco's that we use is no different than if you had a typical dynamic IP address. They use our login information to determine which IP addresses have been reserved for us.
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    In my region, many of our remote offices where leased lines are not practical are on DSL with static or as the telco's here likes to call them "sticky" IP's. The PPPoE configuration for us at least across two different telco's that we use is no different than if you had a typical dynamic IP address. They use our login information to determine which IP addresses have been reserved for us.

Do you mean there's no much difference with dyanmic PPPoE and Static PPPoE? I thought at first that Dynamic PPPoE is used for Dynamic IP assigned by the ISP. And static PPPoE for static IP adressing. Im confused sorry...
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.