FTP IIS 7.5 server caching problems

maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
Hello all,

Ive been having a problem with a IIS 7.5 ftp server on a windows 2008R2 web server OS.

When I overwrite and existing file in the FTP server, a client who wants to download the file gets the old version instead of the new version.

Already tried some interesting registry modifications and did not work How To: Disable IIS Caching for W3SVC or MSFTPSVC

Ill appreciate the help a lot as always...

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    maumercado wrote: »
    Hello all,

Ive been having a problem with a IIS 7.5 ftp server on a windows 2008R2 web server OS.

When I overwrite and existing file in the FTP server, a client who wants to download the file gets the old version instead of the new version.

Already tried some interesting registry modifications and did not work How To: Disable IIS Caching for W3SVC or MSFTPSVC

Ill appreciate the help a lot as always...

Is it possible that the caching is being done on their side? They might have some sort of caching proxy server like ISA running. Try renaming the file and sending a new link...
  • maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Hi thanks for your answer... definitely the caching is being done by the client... funny thing is that the FTP server does detect the change on the file (for example size) but keeps serving the older file...

Is there any way to control caching or timetolive of the object via FTP server?
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    How is it serving the old file if its overwritten?

Maybe the client had the original downloaded and they try to download the new file it think its the same as the one already there and just says its done.
  • maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    How is it serving the old file if its overwritten?

Maybe the client had the original downloaded and they try to download the new file it think its the same as the one already there and just says its done.

Yup that is whats happening... is there any way to fix it on the server side?>