Options

2nd miserable attempt

a543047a543047 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Unbelievable, I got done earlier today at RTP with my second stab at the SP track. There is no way that I made the 80%. Spent way too much time on 2-3 lab questions and there was 2 topics that I didn't cover during my studies. The lab was fair as usual and failing the exam was my own fault. Back to reading the DocCD and keeping my knowledge fresh with labs. I hope the third time is a charm but it looks like the earliest dates at RTP are in July. =(
Btw, the new OEQs are no big deal. I had to guess on one of them but ended up getting all four right. As far as I call tell a candidate should be able to get 3 out of 4 right without any problems.

Ted
CCIE #22769
Routing and Switching
Service Provider

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    a543047 wrote: »
    Unbelievable, I got done earlier today at RTP with my second stab at the SP track. There is no way that I made the 80%. Spent way too much time on 2-3 lab questions and there was 2 topics that I didn't cover during my studies. The lab was fair as usual and failing the exam was my own fault. Back to reading the DocCD and keeping my knowledge fresh with labs. I hope the third time is a charm but it looks like the earliest dates at RTP are in July. =(
    Btw, the new OEQs are no big deal. I had to guess on one of them but ended up getting all four right. As far as I call tell a candidate should be able to get 3 out of 4 right without any problems.

Ted

Hope you did well Ted. How long before you know for sure?
  • Options
    I should know by Monday. On another note, Howard Pearse, the long time RTP proctor is moving into a consulting role at Cisco.
    CCIE #22769
    Routing and Switching
    Service Provider
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Ted

Sorry to hear about this Ted. Going single is bad enough but 'Dual' really requires some bandwidth on the study front. Honestly if I think you can pass one 'IE you can pass them all but you really need time to prepare for them. SP will change seriously soon and will be in the realm of R&S and Security and almost impossible to pass so I hope you get a resit soon!

Incidently the SP labs are booked solid because the R&S is too hard and the **** site candidates are switching to SP! At least if you believe the urban myths on groupstudy!
  • Options
    SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Incidently the SP labs are booked solid because the R&S is too hard and the **** site candidates are switching to SP! At least if you believe the urban myths on groupstudy!

That's pretty sad (if true but not surprised).
  • Options
    Any word on when the SP format is supposed to change?

As for the cheaters booking SP seats, I certainly believe in that myth. How does SP go from arguably the least popular exam to the being booked 7 months out? It is very frustrating that I have to possibly wait that long to retake. The other SP candidate who sat the exam with me actually said he gave up on the RS because it was too difficult. He certainly spoke and acted like a dumper but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think people realize that RS and SP are very different tracks. I can certainly say that just because someone obtains a CCIE SP does not make them a RS expert and vice versa. Well at least I was able to obtain my RS while it was still 3.0. Enough with my rant... I now have a 6 hour drive back to Maryland and it is 5am here. =(
    CCIE #22769
    Routing and Switching
    Service Provider
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

As for the cheaters booking SP seats, I certainly believe in that myth. How does SP go from arguably the least popular exam to the being booked 7 months out? It is very frustrating that I have to possibly wait that long to retake. The other SP candidate who sat the exam with me actually said he gave up on the RS because it was too difficult. He certainly spoke and acted like a dumper but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think people realize that RS and SP are very different tracks. I can certainly say that just because someone obtains a CCIE SP does not make them a RS expert and vice versa. Well at least I was able to obtain my RS while it was still 3.0. Enough with my rant... I now have a 6 hour drive back to Maryland and it is 5am here. =(

Im not really sure about that. Theres a lot of talk of it going through a revamp. Some of the trainers think this is overdue as the track is off the pace in terms of todays requirements.
  • Options
    nullrouternullrouter Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The other SP candidate who sat the exam with me actually said he gave up on the RS because it was too difficult. He certainly spoke and acted like a dumper but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    What a load of cock... assuming he'd been doing V3 study given V4 is fairly new. If you find R&S too hard then you shouldn't be doing any other track either.

As SP was my intended next IE to follow, not impressed one bit, if the myths are true.
    CCIE R&S All Done :D

Web Blog of sorts:
    http://blog.nullrouter.com
  • Options
    nullrouternullrouter Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Im not really sure about that. Theres a lot of talk of it going through a revamp. Some of the trainers think this is overdue as the track is off the pace in terms of todays requirements.

There had been talk of adding IOS XR, (if you've worked with it, it's not that hard to get your head around) however that requires expensive equipment to be added to the lab.
    CCIE R&S All Done :D

Web Blog of sorts:
    http://blog.nullrouter.com