Options

Almost ready for 220-701

SirEddySirEddy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am in what I consider the pre-cram phase to take the 220-701. What that means to me is consolidating all my notes and shrinking them to as tiny of a size as possible.

Ok here is my question. What I am gathering is that the 220-701 may no longer ask specifics about what processor goes to what socket. Does anyone know if this is true? Did the 2006 exams ask specific sockets questions.

I find it a little hard to believe that CompTIA thinks that memorizing this material is really useful. All I really need to know is any computer has a processor and a socket and from there I can look up the specifics.
A+ :)

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SirEddy wrote: »
    I am in what I consider the pre-cram phase to take the 220-701. What that means to me is consolidating all my notes and shrinking them to as tiny of a size as possible.

Ok here is my question. What I am gathering is that the 220-701 may no longer ask specifics about what processor goes to what socket. Does anyone know if this is true? Did the 2006 exams ask specific sockets questions.

I find it a little hard to believe that CompTIA thinks that memorizing this material is really useful. All I really need to know is any computer has a processor and a socket and from there I can look up the specifics.

Did you get the sybex book for the 2009A+ 701 exam? I picked up that book, and yes you need to know the socket types. CompTIA A+ 2009: CompTIA A+ Complete Certification Kit(Exams 220-701 and 220-702) - Book Information - Sybex The sockets and types are mentioned in the book. However, I beleive this objective isn't as heavily tested on as the other objects.
    Good Luck on your exam!
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor