Helpdesk Outlook 07 problem. What would you do.

steve617steve617 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Since I am new to helpdesk (3 weeks) I thought I would ask for your alls opinion. Our systems are all Vista machines running office 07. Seems like last week I had a couple calls from clients that their Outlook will not open. What would you check first. Here are my options that I choose perhaps you can give me more advice. First I connect remotely and the 1st thing I check is the task manager to make sure there are not any outlook files listed in the process tab. Another option is a crupt ost file and often we make a new .ost file and sometimes I do a office repair. Anyway what is usually the main cause and fix that Outlook won't open. Thanks
"The Piney Bluff Tech Guy"
www.pbtechguy.com

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In my experience here at TE, you're far better off searching externally for more technical related questions such as this. I'm not trying to discourage you from posting here or saying there's anything wrong with it, as I'm sure someone will try to help you, but you'll get a quicker and more accurate answer looking elsewhere.

Most of the time Google yields good results, but Experts Exchange is one of my favorite support sites. You have to pay...something like $100 a year, but you can try it out free for 30 days to see if you like it.

As for Outlook...it largely depends on your user environment, what else they're running, how frequently it happens, how long it's been happening, if it's happening on multiple machines, etc. There really are no common reasons I know of that would cause Outlook to just not open, because it could be so many different things.

Hope this helps.