Passed 70-652

dsjellesmadsjellesma Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-652 today with a score of 935/1000. The exam cost $125 and I was given 90 minutes to take the test. In reality, the exam only took 30 minutes. I have no professional experience using Hyper-V but have played with VM's for a while now.

I read and took notes on "Microsoft Self-Paced Training: Configuring Windows Server Virtualization", as well as "Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Unleashed". I also have a small home lab with a machine running Server 2008 & SCVMM. It took about two and 1/2 weeks to read both books and decide I had studied enough to be ready. Initially I had planned to take the exam a week earlier, but overestimated how much time I would really be able to invest into studying over the holiday weekends.

I found the Hyper-V Unleashed book to be a little to general. It did not touch on many topics as specifically as it could have. However, the self-paced training was an excellent read, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who seriously wants to pass the exam. It also covers material for the MCTS 70-403 as well as R2.

All in all I found the exam to be pretty easy. There were questions from all over the place so it's hard to say if there is any one area in particular that should be focused on more than others.

I hope this is helpful to someone. Best of luck!

Comments