Options

hell scared

SPLITSPLIT Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am doin A+ core hardware at the moment and will be sittin the test some time next week and just lookin round the net for some help and found this place

it is great thanks alot for the information you have on the site

Your Score: 72%
(36 out of 50)

thats my results from the mini test

so bassicly im screwed icon_sad.gif

how do you guys remember this stuff i for the life of me cannot remmember it hey

cheers

Comments

• Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Your definitely not screwed! If your test is next week, keep studying as much as you can till then. Think positive and keep yourself motivated. Go into that test with confidence and you will pass. Make sure you study the technotes on this site for a second source. Get the objectives for the A+ test from the CompTIA website. The link is below. Good luck
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/objectives.aspx
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    mobri09 is right. I felt that way too, but you just keep pluggin' away until you get it. If you're not dependent on some organization(school/workplace) to schedule/administer the exam to you, or you have a voucher that's about to expire, you can reschedule for a later date when you gain the confidence. If you schedule it yourself, then that will not be a problem--just call the testing center and reschedule.

Rule of thumb is to make 90% on practice exams before you tackle the real thing. It's best to take these practice exams only one time about every week or two, because you'll just memorize the questions and answers and your test result will give you a false perception of your actual knowledge if you do it more often. Another source of practice exam questions is http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/.

From mobri09:
    Make sure you study the technotes on this site for a second source.

Also, you might get yourself an Exam Cram 2 or a Michael Meyers Passport exam guide to review and show you where you're weak and then you will only be reviewing the areas you need to.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    moe2810moe2810 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree ..

Everyone on here has there own recommendations on what to study. About two weeks before my test I bought Mike Myers A+ pass port. This book is not like the all in one .. it focuses on what is on the test and is real easy to read. It has great pictures and explains the concepts in way that you can understand, also comes with a cd with practice exams that worked well for me. Just keep taking practice exams and you will make it .. don’t stress .. be confident and you will do fine.
  • Options
    PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its not as bad as you think. But remember take your time in the test, you have 90 minutes! Dont just do it in 30-40 minutes. Make sure you study up on networks!
    I got a lot of questions on this and also take time to learn how to install hard drives , floppy drives, CD ROM drives and the problems why they might not show up once you install them!
    IRQ's = learn, problems with the BIOS/CMOS=learn!
    Take your time as i said and you will be fine! Its not as bad as you think! Confidence is what its all about! icon_cool.gif