Options

ECIH anyone?

jay754jay754 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all
I just came across the ECIH certification yesterday. Does anyone have more details on it beyond whats already on the EC-Council site? Any info on training providers or study materials?
As it's only a 2 day course I'd give this some serious thought as my next step if the price is right.

EC-Council | Certified Incident Handler

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jay754 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I just came across the ECIH certification yesterday. Does anyone have more details on it beyond whats already on the EC-Council site? Any info on training providers or study materials?
    As it's only a 2 day course I'd give this some serious thought as my next step if the price is right.

EC-Council | Certified Incident Handler

I would contact them. The EC-Council's web site can be difficult to maneuver.
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They just changed there website again. I did manage to find this info though

EC-Council > Training > Course Outline > ECIH Course Outline
  • Options
    Thanks GAngel, at least now we've got an outline. Might contact them tomorrow re study materials and training vendors in Ireland.

@JD, any input?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How much does it cost? I'd do the GCIH over this if given the choice.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would contact them. The EC-Council's web site can be difficult to maneuver.

Am I the only one who finds their website, at best cartoonish and at worst down right childish?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds their website, at best cartoonish and at worst down right childish?

No unfortunately icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    dynamik wrote: »
    How much does it cost? I'd do the GCIH over this if given the choice.

Two day course? It seems like they may just teach the basics of the IH process/framework. Nothing posted about ECIH on the Certification Portal. I know the EC-Council portal admin from another board and I will ask him what's up and report back.

EDIT: Found the course outline - EC-Council > Training > Course Outline > ECIH Course Outline I have not found any books, official courseware, or Preplogic material, and no training courses.

I've done the GCIH and would recommend it to anyone! It teaches the IH process and how to handle real life issues within that framework. The framework is useless unless you have the perspective to put it in.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    jay754 wrote: »
    @JD, any input?
    Nope, sorry, I've no experience with EC-Council certs. Keatron is the "mod in the know" for those certs.
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    The official word from EC-Council is there is no training material released. They just have courseware, no training until later this year. The self paced videos may take longer.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    Thanks unsupported. I'll watch out for the courseware. I'd love to eventually do a SANS cert or two eventually but right now the cost is the issue so I'm hoping this is a cheaper option.
    Yeah while this may be only 2 days I'd complement it with CEH or CHFI self study to round out my IH knowledge.