Options

How to find Correct IP address

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

I need to find the IP address that my core router talks on. I'm trying to set up NTP so my core router syncs with a time server. I need to allow the core router out of the firewall on the NTP port. I have configured the router to sync but this is not happening as the firewall is blocking. I was hoping to use the ASDM to see what packets are being denied for NTP this way I can work out what IP address my core router uses. I can then allow this ip address so that I can set up NTP properly. I have been digging around the ASDM and I cannot see anywhere to do the monitoring of packets to see where they are being dropped. On the checkpoint this is fairly straight forward. Please can someone let me know how to do the monitoring or is there a better way to find the ip that the core uses? I have done a sh run but can't seem to figure out the acutal devices IP any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cjthedj45 wrote: »
    Hi

I need to find the IP address that my core router talks on. I'm trying to set up NTP so my core router syncs with a time server. I need to allow the core router out of the firewall on the NTP port. I have configured the router to sync but this is not happening as the firewall is blocking. I was hoping to use the ASDM to see what packets are being denied for NTP this way I can work out what IP address my core router uses. I can then allow this ip address so that I can set up NTP properly. I have been digging around the ASDM and I cannot see anywhere to do the monitoring of packets to see where they are being dropped. On the checkpoint this is fairly straight forward. Please can someone let me know how to do the monitoring or is there a better way to find the ip that the core uses? I have done a sh run but can't seem to figure out the acutal devices IP any help is much appreciated.

Ignore the above I just found how to see packets drop by using show log
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why didn't you just check the IP address for the router's NTP server facing interface (or manually set one, like a loopback, as the NTP source?). Would have been a wee bit easier.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?