Options

Help with Sharepoint needed

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Hi all, i have a problem with sahrepoint that i am praying someone can help me with. The issue is regarding a workflow i created, when i start the workflow it says Error Occurred and when i click on the link it takes me to the Workflow Status page saying Error and under ID it says System Account. I have looked in the event viewer but nothing appears and i have looked in the logs but i cant see anything relating to the error. Has anyone any ideas or have come across this before?

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We need some more information.

* How did you create the workflow?
    * What should the workflow accomplish?
    * What are the exact steps you have programmed? Provide screen shots if you are using SPD2007!
  • Options
    Hi Robert, this is going to be difficult to explain but i will try my best. Well what i have tried to do is copy a workflow from a microsoft site:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA102564171033.aspx?pid=CH100667661033

So that
    1. i can learn workflows
    2. use it for our Document Control Library. But so far i am at number 5 of the videos and tried to test the workflow but it just errors, but when i click on the Check Workflow button it says it contains no errors.

Now the only difference to the tutorial setup is the names of two Custom Sites but i have taken that into account and changed the names when necessary.
  • Options
    So you used SPD2007?

If so can you post a capture of the workflow wizard pages? It is more thank likely you have asked the workflow to complete an action that it cannot because of the way your SP site is setup and while there is no error in the workflow, it just cannot do its job and errors out.
  • Options
    Hi Robert, attached are 5 screen prints, 3 more on next post. I have replaced the "Products" List with a "Department" list due to the fact that i dont want everyone throwing documents into one area but rather in their own respective area within their department. When i click on the Workflow it sends an email to the 1st reviewer but then fails, when i go into the workflow history it just says that there is an error in Review.

Again, Many thanks for any help with this.
  • Options
    And the last 3. Any other info you need just shout, by the way, if you can crack this one, i will send you a case of beer!!
  • Options
    So it is failling on this step?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/attachments/off-topic/296d1263882496-help-sharepoint-needed-screen3.jpg

Or this step?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/attachments/off-topic/297d1263882506-help-sharepoint-needed-screen4.jpg

It seems like the second...

The reason I think is because there is no initial reviewer, is there? Could you narate how the workflow should behave with the images? I believe the issue is we do not have a waite between the two steps above.
  • Options
    Hi Robert, what i did not explain is that he is using SP 2007 and i am using SP v3 with SPD 2007, but i dont think that would be an issue at the moment, anyway attached is the workflow chart of what steps should be working. I do believe your right regarding the second action as this is where there is a difference between what the video is saying and what i need to have. Let me explain.

In the video he has made a Custom Site called Product Documentation that holds all the documents. I dont want this as i need my users to save their work into their relevant Departmental Document Lists. So i have used for an example the Health and Safety Document Library instead of the Product Documentation List that he made.

Also he has made another Custom list called Products that simply list the products, again i dont need this as we dont deal with products, so i created one called Departments.

Now looking at his Reviewers List he has made a lookup column called Products of which is linked to the Products List, so i have made a Departments lookup column that is linked back to the departments List.

This is the only change i have made between what i am viewing and what i need.
  • Options
    I've looked through this like 5 times now and I cannot find anything wrong so I can only imagine that one of the variables was formed incorrectly and so generates an error. If I were you I would scrap the work flow and start again using your flow chart as a guide to help you. Perhaps building it on your own might help you see where it's failing. Also, when I am having issues like this I will place steps that have the workflow email me in the trouble area so I can see where it is failing based on the emails I do not get. Also, going to the workflow history page helps as well.
  • Options
    Hi Robert, just got back from hols and looking at this sharepoint dilema again i have noted what you suggested and i have now found that the error is due to the last Step in the workflow called Assign Initial Review Tasks. My problem is that he has two custom lists called Products and Reviewers, i have Departments and Reviewers but i dont understand what these lists are really doiing, but although i have copied him i still get the same error if i include the same user paths as him. I need to send a task to a reviewer to review the said document and then click on the Complete Task radio button which will then send it on to the Fianl Reviewer, but just cant get my head around what i am doing wrong.