Options

Job interview tomorrow

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I've been waiting on getting back into voip after leaving my last job and I finally got contacted about a VOIP and Video job that I applied to some time ago. The problem is that i've only been with my current employer for a few months. Its basic Tier 2 NOC type work where I do mostly monitoring and after hours troubleshooting on device that have went down in the network and replacing switches and stuff that breaks. I looked for a network engineering position in the company and I was told that they hire 75 percent from within. I have re applied after my waiting period and keep getting denied without even having a technical Interview. My supervisor has told me that he hasn't' been contacted about me applying so there isn't even a way for people to say yea or nay about me. The new position is a big step up, but I wonder if it would look bad with me leaving after 90 days. Kinda at a cross roads. Also to add a bit more fuel to the fire. The VOIP and Video Manager at my current employeer spoke to me about a opening coming up soon, but if I land at the interview tomorrow I don't want to miss my oppertunity. Lot of thinking to do in the next few days.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    shodown wrote: »
    I've been waiting on getting back into voip after leaving my last job and I finally got contacted about a VOIP and Video job that I applied to some time ago. The problem is that i've only been with my current employer for a few months. Its basic Tier 2 NOC type work where I do mostly monitoring and after hours troubleshooting on device that have went down in the network and replacing switches and stuff that breaks. I looked for a network engineering position in the company and I was told that they hire 75 percent from within. I have re applied after my waiting period and keep getting denied without even having a technical Interview. My supervisor has told me that he hasn't' been contacted about me applying so there isn't even a way for people to say yea or nay about me. The new position is a big step up, but I wonder if it would look bad with me leaving after 90 days. Kinda at a cross roads. Also to add a bit more fuel to the fire. The VOIP and Video Manager at my current employeer spoke to me about a opening coming up soon, but if I land at the interview tomorrow I don't want to miss my oppertunity. Lot of thinking to do in the next few days.

Well you have alot of things to think about good luck on the interview. Maybe (if you land the job) you can talk with your current job about a counter offer....

It may look less than good on a resume but that can easily be explained with a "another job presented itself" statement. I think that anytime you can move up towards you career goal you should take it ( as long as it is "safe", sane, and will truly benefit you).
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Also if you land this job and you stay there a while you don't even need to list that job that you worked at for 90 days. At that point the experience becomes irrelevant compared to what you would be doing for the new company.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Also if you land this job and you stay there a while you don't even need to list that job that you worked at for 90 days. At that point the experience becomes irrelevant compared to what you would be doing for the new company.

That is what I would do. Its only 90 days, its not like a 3 year gap in your resume that would raise suspicion. I had one job I only stayed at for about that long and left because I found something better. I just don't list that small stint on my resume.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go to the interview and see what they offer, 90 days is like a contract job.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.