Options

Becoming "certified" as an MCDST

dakevsdakevs Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Somewhat a newbie question, so I apologize. :)

How does one become "certified" as an MCDST? I was looking at the Microsoft website, and after checking under the "certifications" tab, I see that I have to take & pass two tests, the 70-271 & 70-272. So, after passing those two tests, would I be considered "certified"? And is that the same for all other.... "titles" MCITP, MCSE, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yep, you pass the associated exams and you become certified. There are some vendors who also have experience requirements, but for the most part Microsoft doesn't (the Architect certifications may, not sure).
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yes. You pass 271 & 272 you earn the MCDST designation. Technically, you pass any one M$ exam and you earn the Microsoft Certified Professional designation. Becoming an MCP is nothing really, as it just means you passed one test. To earn other titles like MCSE or MCITP you would have to pass the associated exams with each respective certification. All that information is available on the M$ site as well. If you're a complete IT noob, I would recco looking into Comptia A+, Net+, and Sec+. They are entry level certs that are being required by more employers, at least as I have seen recently.
    i remain, he who remains to be....